Maggidans Milker?

GrowURown

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
I've seen it mentioned here, and came across it while googling tonight...just wondering if anyone has used it and what their review would be...

We have nigerian dwarfs...they are short...I am not a dwarf...even if I did some MAJOR remodeling to the milk stand, you still almost have to lay down or sit on the ground to milk them...I prefer to sit on a bucket, not the ground...it's too far down to get back up...

So I am trying to find a solution to the gymnastic bending event we call milking...I am a little scared too of the fancy ones...thats A LOT of picking apart and cleaning to do...I don't mind a little cleaning...but still...lots of small parts for me to lose I would think...

Any opinions always welcomed :)

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
My review: :thumbsup :thumbsup (2 thumbs up)

Works. Makes life easier milking pygmies (what I have). Added bonus of doing hand exercises at the same time :D

GrowURown

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
LOL...so you mean YOU are NOT laying down to milk your goats? Because the neighbors kids walked by today and I overheard one say..."Looks like when my dad changes the oil on the car..." Bet they think our goats need new oil DAILY!

Am I right in assuming that different sized syringes could be interchanged for different sized teats if need be? just curious...or would I have to buy there special "teat cups"? Cause either way, it's no big deal, but we have a gillion different sized syringes for/from different things (horses, dogs, kids, we got one of every size if not 20)

All milkers work on suction, right? so this is like a fancy one...just doesn't plug in...I hate things that plug in - I ALWAYS end up fixing them or having to run new wiring (and wiring is HARD when you are color blind).

THANKS SO MUCH btw...I appreciate it! Just don't like to be the guy "changing oil" on his goats!

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
GrowURown said:
LOL...so you mean YOU are NOT laying down to milk your goats? Because the neighbors kids walked by today and I overheard one say..."Looks like when my dad changes the oil on the car..." Bet they think our goats need new oil DAILY!

Am I right in assuming that different sized syringes could be interchanged for different sized teats if need be? just curious...or would I have to buy there special "teat cups"? Cause either way, it's no big deal, but we have a gillion different sized syringes for/from different things (horses, dogs, kids, we got one of every size if not 20)

All milkers work on suction, right? so this is like a fancy one...just doesn't plug in...I hate things that plug in - I ALWAYS end up fixing them or having to run new wiring (and wiring is HARD when you are color blind).

THANKS SO MUCH btw...I appreciate it! Just don't like to be the guy "changing oil" on his goats!
Nope not laying down to milk! :lol:

It comes with a syringe that works for dwarf breeds (pygmies and NDs). You would only purchase the larger one if you have standard breeds too.

Works on suction and hand power. They have great instructions and video on the website. Pay special attention to "breaking the suction" before removing the syringe from the teat.

This is just the thing if you don't want to "change your goat's oil" anymore! :lol:

GrowURown

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
I don't! That little terd really got me thinking...wish I could get the video to play...can't though...guess I'll have to wait for the wife to get up and show me how to work this "computer thing" again...or I might be changing the oil in it next - by thrpwing it out the window! Thanks again!

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
No problem!

But you've got to post a picture of you "changing the goat's oil" I've gotta see that!! :gig

GrowURown

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
We'll see about that one! I'm surprised the neighbors haven't got the Great Milk Battle up on you tube! Search for " short fat man milks short fat goat"...

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
GrowURown said:
We'll see about that one! I'm surprised the neighbors haven't got the Great Milk Battle up on you tube! Search for " short fat man milks short fat goat"...
:yuckyuck :lol: :lol:

RainySunday

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
I bought and use the Henry Milker and I really like it so far. My problem wasn't so much having to lay down to milk (we built the stand really tall), but my hands are just shot, which is sad since I am only 24 (thanks to a wrist cyst that won't go away, even with surgery, and a bad elbow issue on the other side). There is no way we could afford a fancy plug-in milker for our two mediocre production nigis, so after looking at all the reviews of the 3 main hand milkers, ordered this and have really liked it so far. One of the does doesn't let down all her milk for it, so I still finish her by hand, but it works well and my hands aren't killing me. It looked to me like the maggiedan's would have too much hand squeezing for me.

GrowURown

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
I'm okay with the squeezing...it's getting under there to do it that is the worst! The problem is not even so much the height of the stanchion...it's the LACK of height between the bottom of the goat and what they are standing on...puts me at a weird angle...my wife can honestly rest her elbow on the floor part of the stanchion while her hands are milking teats...my arms are a little longer, and I bump my elbows if I don't flop down at a funky angle to get to things...we would totally have to rebuild this thing to change that, and for $40 off of craigslist, I ain't doing it! SOOO...

WOOHOO! finally took the time to place our order with the maggidans people and we got a milker a'comin'! Now, HOPEFULLY, I can just sit and pull the trigger! May upgrade one day...but for now I think this will get 'er done! Just wanted to share and say thank ya for the input ya'll!