Maggie had her babe, meet little Joe

sunnysideupfarm

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
06d1f10ef8ef6c35.jpeg

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Are you experienced with dairy cattle? Jersey bulls can be the worst of all dairy breeds. Dairy bulls are like a different species compared to beef bulls. AI is about the safest way to deal with dairy breedings unless you have a fair number of cattle. It is a waste of money to feed a bull for 10-11 months for him to be used for only a couple of cows for a month. I have done it every way there is.... and had a very decent dispositioned jersey bull for over a summer to use for breeding as I was keeping for another farmer. But, just be very careful. DO NOT make him too much of a pet. He needs to see you as the boss, not his best friend. He needs to respect your space.... as the "herd boss".... and he will challenge that as he gets more mature.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Nice calf! What @farmerjan says is absolutely true. Jersey bulls are the meanest there is. We are not trying to rain on your parade, please don’t be offended. Unless you are VERY experienced, it would be a whole lot safer for all concerned to follow farmerjan’s well meant advice.

Longhornbreeder101

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Ye
Are you experienced with dairy cattle? Jersey bulls can be the worst of all dairy breeds. Dairy bulls are like a different species compared to beef bulls. AI is about the safest way to deal with dairy breedings unless you have a fair number of cattle. It is a waste of money to feed a bull for 10-11 months for him to be used for only a couple of cows for a month. I have done it every way there is.... and had a very decent dispositioned jersey bull for over a summer to use for breeding as I was keeping for another farmer. But, just be very careful. DO NOT make him too much of a pet. He needs to see you as the boss, not his best friend. He needs to respect your space.... as the "herd boss".... and he will challenge that as he gets more mature.
ah jersey bulls can be mean.

FarmLifer

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
He's adorable ❤️🥰😍💕

Last edited: