Major bloat and possible goiter?

Beekissed

Herd Master
Reaction score
I've read that sometimes those hard masses are just pocketed pelleted feed and grains that hardens and can't be passed along.

It's hard to lose a good animal but I'm glad she's not suffering any longer.

nstone630

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Thank you all for the kind words. My son found her when he got home from school, really upset him.

As tough and strong as my husband is, it ended up getting to him and couldn't bring himself to cut her open. As curious as I was, I couldn't do it either.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I understand that. It feels like a violation. It may sound like an oxymoron, coming from someone who can shoot, hang and skin, gut and process deer or hogs, kill and clean chickens, rabbits and other animals, but I do have my soft spots. It is easy for me to say on a forum that I would want to know what that mass was. Quite another thing to be looking at a dead animal that I loved with a knife in my hand. Nope. I don't think I could do it either. I would be crying, digging a hole or watching my husband on the tractor digging a hole. Placing her in the hole, cry some more, cover her up, say prayers and cry some more. Why does it have to be our favorites?