Major bloat and possible goiter?

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
This is where you ask yourself why do you keep saving her and what are you saving her for, only to do it again. She is telling you that she is tired of being sick. Her will to live is still there, that is what makes it so hard. The will to live is a deep primal reaction in all of us and we sometimes struggle to the very end.

Red has tried, she has tried so hard. Her family has tried so hard to make her better, but some things are not to be. I wish I could give you and your family a great big hug and sit down and cry with you. My heart hurts for you and for Red. :hugs

Beekissed

Herd Master
Reaction score
This is where you ask yourself why do you keep saving her and what are you saving her for, only to do it again. She is telling you that she is tired of being sick.

I agree. She's not going to get any better and, at this point, one has to ask themselves why they are waiting to put her out of her misery. She needs help to give her ease.

rachels.haven

Herd Master
Reaction score
x2. If you know reasonable medical care won't fix it, especially after a vet visit where they can check and see and KNOW it's not going to improve with care, and she keeps getting worse I'd end it, but I'm not as nice. She's hurting. You've done your diligence, IMO. You've got a very kind heart. I'm so sorry.

Last edited:

nstone630

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Well she made the decision for us. She passed away :hit. Glad she is at peace now. My husband wants to do an informal necropcy to see what that mass was. :idunno

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
I agree that it would be good to see if you can get an idea what the mass was. It is hard - but if you can learn something it can be worth it. So sorry for your loss. :hugs

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Feel so badly for you, sorry you lost her. But, she is at peace now. I would look to see what the mass was. For me, a sharp razor is fastest and less traumatic for me. Makes a surgical cut.

:hugs:hugs We all know how badly it hurts and feel it with you.

Latest posts