Making BYH an app. Forum?

Nifty

Herd Master
Administrator
Reaction score
We designed the forum so it would display really well in a mobile browser so we could avoid developing apps for the different platforms. With that said, what would you say the benefits of an app would be over the standard mobile version of the site?

ksalvagno

Alpaca Master
Reaction score
More people like apps on their phone instead of the mobile browser. I have to admit I like to look at things through apps instead of the internet when I'm on my phone which is more and more often.

SheepGirl

Master of Sheep
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
I have a samsung galaxy note 2. Im not sure if its just because the screen is so big or if its the site, but I get a little annoyed with having to zoom in all the time because the forum is smushed to one side of the screen haha. Is the mobile site designed for a smaller screen?

Maybe for my phone an app would be better, not sure about others, though...

Nifty

Herd Master
Administrator
Reaction score
Which browser is on the samsung? It could be a function of the ads stretching the screen on some mobile browsers... we're looking for a fix.

Riverside Fainters

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I like the layouts of forums better on my phone instead of browser history. It's easier for me to navigate around

SheepGirl

Master of Sheep
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Oh yep, youre right. It is because of the ads. I never scroll fown that far so I didnt notice lol. But I use just the regular internet app the phone came with.