male rabbit question

couchhound274

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
What im wondering if "she" is a he. I bred her, no bunnies, i rebred her, no bunnies. I went tp re breed her yesterday and all she did waa growl at my buck and race around the cage. Went to try again and she growled at my buck and he showed little to no interest in her. So im confused

D1

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
that many times together, if they were both HE's, you would have had to break up a SERIOUS FIGHT or one would be casterated by now....Did you notice the rabbit in question building a nest?

couchhound274

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
I have seen her make a nest both time. The first time she pulled fur, this time she didnt.

WhiteMountainsRanch

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
couchhound274 said:
I have seen her make a nest both time. The first time she pulled fur, this time she didnt.

If she pulled fur, she probably isn't a HE, but it's easy to check on adult rabbits, just flip her over and look for the male dangly parts, can't miss 'em on a full grown buck.

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
Rabbits DO NOT breed like rabbits. There's a science to it with a lot of trial and error. First time does tend to do terrible, most give them 3 tries at a living litter.
You need to check the doe's vent to make sure she is receptive, they don't have a 'real' cycle, but still have some kind of one where she is 'in the mood' and physically ready to breed. Red to purple vent, swollen and wet, she lifts her hips when you pat her butt or base of tail.
Many rabbits don't kindle until day 30 or go as far as 38 days.