Mamaboid-Bad day turned out a whole lot better than it could have.

Mamaboid

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Good morning everybody.

Hope all is well in your worlds.

I wish this snow/ice/slush would just go away already. It is just warm enough here during the day that stuff melts a bit, then refreezes at night. Yesterday morning, my brother-in-law hit a patch of ice that wasn't there the day before, and went head on with his pickup into another truck. He is ok, but VERY beat up. Smashed his hand on the dashboard and the whole thing is turning black. Nothing broken but they may have to go in and drain around the fingernails. The airbag whacked him pretty hard in the right side of his chest and shoulder and he has pain in his lower back. His truck is totaled. Spent the day at the emergency room with my sister and him and he did go home last night after a lot of x-rays. It is a miracle that he was not hurt worse. The other truck was bigger and that driver was not hurt.

On the goat note, everybody is doing well, even though they hate this white crap too. It is supposed to get to 50+ this weekend so I hope it melts it all. We will be putting the bedding into the kidding pens, and probably start putting the two girls into them overnight in the next few days to get them used to them.

Eli is doing well after his problem. All cleared up and things seem to be working ok. See kidding thread for details.

I don't know what was spooking around here over night, but the dogs barked all night long. It has been warm enough during the days that the bears might have come out for a snack, but it might have been a cat too. I am going to investigate here in a bit and see if I can see any tracks. Will let you know if I find anything.

That's about all for now. Have a great day.

BJ

Mamaboid

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Good Morning all.

Well, I looked all over, didn't see any tracks that I could identify. I guess the dogs just couldn't sleep and decided to bark all night. Everybody was fine.

It is supposed to rain tonight, and then get up into the 50s tomorrow, so I am looking forward to getting rid of this dirty snow and ice. Of course, with those temps, it just means we will have mud. Sheesh, I am never satisfied. LOL

Nothing much happening here today, gonna do some housework so I can be outside tomorrow when it is nice.

Hope every body has a great day.

BJ

Four Winds Ranch

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I hope your brother-in-law is feeling better!
And that the dog have scared off anything that might have been lurking around in the night!

greenbean

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I hope your brother in law gets better soon.

Maybe your mud will clear up faster than ours! It seems like the mud and rain will never end!