Mamaboid-Bad day turned out a whole lot better than it could have.

Mamaboid

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Camera is back up, Sherry and Steph on cam. I am going to bed to actually sleep for the first time in 4 nights . No goat watch, no hospital. :weee :woot

Mamaboid

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Hey all :frow

It has been a few days since I was on here, it has been a bit crazy. I have been staying with my sister to help with her therapy and recovery. She is doing great, but I sure hope I never have to have a knee replaced. Quite a bit of pain, and a lot of work. I finally got a few pics of the new kids, Dandy D and Sherry D. Both are Dude's kids so they get the D after their names. Dandy is blue eyed, silver gray like his mom with beautiful markings and solid, long white floppy ears. Sherry is just flat out the most beautiful color I have ever seen. Such a deep brown, solid, long ears and spots. Moms and kids are doing great. The kids play together and it is so much fun to watch.

We have had a rash of chick deaths from the meat chicks and the black giants. They are the same age that I lost the bunch out of my first batch of chicks I bought. I think from now on, I will raise all my own, since they seem to be a whole lot hardier. We have 10 out of the 10 that hatched 2 weeks ago. I have 3 sitting hens, on a total of about 20 eggs. I found two little yellow fuzzy butts this morning and a whole lot of peeping going on under those wings. Can't wait to see what we get.

We lost the duck that had the funky beak, but the other 5 are doing great, and we have a beautiful big duck that has been visiting us for the last 3 years on a regular basis. Every morning, when we go out to let the ducks out of their pen, he is sitting beside the door waiting for them to come out and play. It is really neat.

The camera link has been giving me fits, and I have to rework it, so it will be back up sometime later today or tomorrow.

Here are a few pics just from cell phone, but you can get the idea.

Dandy
4738_may_26_2012_027.jpg

4738_may_26_2012_018.jpg

Sherry
4738_may_26_2012_013.jpg

4738_may_26_2012_083.jpg

Ducks
4738_may_26_2012_003.jpg

Visiting Duck that waits for the kids to come out and play every day.
4738_img_0053.jpg

Elsie and her girls, Elizabeth and Erin. Look how big we are.
4738_may_26_2012_045.jpg

Dude and Eli. Eli is almost as big as Dude.
4738_may_26_2012_049.jpg

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

Later,

BJ

jodief100

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Everyone is looking great!

I hope your sister recovers well. Knee replacements are a serious thing. I did some design work for some replacement knees a few years ago. I decided I never want to have anything replaced!

Mamaboid

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Morning everybody.

Here are some more pics we took yesterday.

Dusty and Dandy
4738_dusty_and_dandy.jpg

Stephanie and Sherry
4738_stephanie_and_sherry.jpg

New Fuzzy Butts hatched over weekend. We ended up with 11.
4738_fuzzy_butts.jpg

Camera link is back up and on the enclosures again. Steph, Dusty and kids in first one, Elsie and girls in second, and Brandy and Bucks in far one.

We started on a new goat hutch yesterday. It is gonna be funky looking, we used an old satelite dish for the roof. We don't throw NUTTIN away here. :gig

Hope everybody is having a great day.

Later

BJ

daisychick

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Love Sherry's coloring :D Dandy and Dusty have the prettiest shade of gray, it is amazing how similar they look.

Mamaboid

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Hey all.

Well, I got a new goat today. She is a Mini Nubian and very sweet. Pretty coloring. Red with black hairs through out her coat. She has horns and a sweet looking face that ya just wanna hug on. I bought her from a fellow BYHer and here is the link to a pic of her.

http://www.backyardherds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=19379&p=1

I also got 3 Narragansett turkey poults, and 7 Narragansett hatching eggs which I set in the bator this afternoon at 5pm. Wish me luck with them. This is my first foray into turkeys.

Steph and Dusty and the kids are doing great and are on camera during the day. I shut it off at night as they are still going into the kidding pens at night and it would mean moving the camera back and forth.

My hen hatched chicks are a week old and all are doing great.

My bator hatched chicks are 3 weeks old and all are doing great.

My white meat birds and black giants have finally stopped dying and all of the survivors are doing good now. Still not sure what it was that killed them. They had no symptoms until they were almost gone. I have 11 out of the 25 white ones left, and 6 out of 10 of the black ones. I don't think I will be buying anymore chicks for a while. I have much better luck with my own.

My sister is doing good with her new Knee. She had a lot of pain at first, but is doing well with her therapy, walking with walker, and making good progress. She says to thank all of you that wished her well.

Ducks doing good, being brats and not coming in off the pond at night to go in pen. They stay right in the middle and quack at me. Wanna give em a :smack

Guess that is all for now, hope everybody had a great weekend and has a wonderful week.

Later

BJ

bonbean01

Herd Master
Reaction score
Love all the photos!!!! Can't help but comment on PapaBoid's facial expression with that sweet little goat in his arms...just like my hubby with a baby lamb...these tough guy types just melt and it makes me go all awwwwwwwwwwwwwww inside :love

noriko

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
It was very nice meeting you today. I hope they figured out who is the boss by now. Good luck with Narragansett Turkey poults. Narragansett Turkeys are very friendly birds and follow you everywhere you go. You will love them. Please let me know how everything goes with Turkey hatching eggs. Feel free to ask me if you have any questions or problems.

Thanks, Noriko

Mamaboid said:
Hey all.

Well, I got a new goat today. She is a Mini Nubian and very sweet. Pretty coloring. Red with black hairs through out her coat. She has horns and a sweet looking face that ya just wanna hug on. I bought her from a fellow BYHer and here is the link to a pic of her.

http://www.backyardherds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=19379&p=1

I also got 3 Narragansett turkey poults, and 7 Narragansett hatching eggs which I set in the bator this afternoon at 5pm. Wish me luck with them. This is my first foray into turkeys.

Steph and Dusty and the kids are doing great and are on camera during the day. I shut it off at night as they are still going into the kidding pens at night and it would mean moving the camera back and forth.

My hen hatched chicks are a week old and all are doing great.

My bator hatched chicks are 3 weeks old and all are doing great.

My white meat birds and black giants have finally stopped dying and all of the survivors are doing good now. Still not sure what it was that killed them. They had no symptoms until they were almost gone. I have 11 out of the 25 white ones left, and 6 out of 10 of the black ones. I don't think I will be buying anymore chicks for a while. I have much better luck with my own.

My sister is doing good with her new Knee. She had a lot of pain at first, but is doing well with her therapy, walking with walker, and making good progress. She says to thank all of you that wished her well.

Ducks doing good, being brats and not coming in off the pond at night to go in pen. They stay right in the middle and quack at me. Wanna give em a :smack

Guess that is all for now, hope everybody had a great weekend and has a wonderful week.

Later

BJ