Manna Pro vs. Manna Sho

Gordita

Just born
Reaction score
I'm curious as to which is better for an Angora. I'm interested in feeding simply for wool producers not for breeding or show. Which do you all recommend?

dbunni

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Actually ... we use MP Gro. Works great ... proof is on the table and the wool production.

Gordita

Just born
Reaction score
Oh I didn't even think of that :) Just because on the website it says to use for milking does and growing rabbits. But you have found it works well for all?

dbunni

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Remember angoras have a higher protein/fiber requirement because of wool production.

Gordita

Just born
Reaction score
I guess I wasn't clear on that because what I read just said 16-18% protein and hay for the fiber. Thank you :)

dbunni

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Fiber is important. But hay alone, if EAs, will not do. Check out this site .. Created by one of the top EA breeders in the country.

http://bettychuenglishangora.com/cares/index.html

While I use a modification on her other feeding, it is similar (no horse feed w/molasas). My mix includes: pellets, oats, barley, cardinal bird mix & supplement. Along with veggies every day & grass hay (orchard).

Fiber/roughage ... for wool block & intestine, fats for coat quality, & proteins for production/animal maintenance. Simplified of course. But without a good genetic foundation, this is just feeding a rabbit. Good genetics is the true foundation to a good wool quality.

If you are working with FA or SA, the issues are not the same, but ... will work. I have had all forms of angora in this area and all of them have done will ... along w/Jersey Woolies & AFLs.
Good luck with your kiddos.