March Kidding--Anyone due and want to wait with me??

Missy

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
So far this is what I have and have due:

Ginger: 3/1/2 year old - 3rd time freshener
Nigerian Dwarf
Bred: 10/6/2013
Due approx. : 3/5/2013(150 days)
Chocolate in color bred to a carmel colored pygmy buck
1st kidding - 2012-1B/1D
2nd kidding- 2013- 2B/1D
3rd kidding - 2014 -1B/1D

Tippy: 3/1/2 yearr old - 3rd time freshener
Oberhasli
Bred: 10/6/2013
Due approx. : 3/5/2013 (150 days)
Chamoisee in color(carries black gene) bred to carmel colored pygmy buck
1st kidding - 1B
2nd kidding - 1B

Duecey: 2yr old - First Freshener
Oberhasli
Bred: 10/13/2013
Due approx. : 3/12/2013 (150 days)
Chamoisee in color Bred to carmel colored pygmy buck

Cami: 2yr old Mini Nubian -will be First freshener - OPEN at the moment
Bred: N/A
Due: N/A
Broken, frosted swiss marked with moonspots and regular spots(black, white, brown, grey colors) Will be bred to carmel colored pygmy buck

Last edited:

autumnprairie

Owned by the Rotten Heifers
Reaction score
I will wait with you Missy :pop I love kidding threads I believe I have a few that are bred also but I have been super busy with school to know for sure unless I do a blood test. Mine usually start around the middle of Feb

Missy

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Hurray! I have had no blood test done either. And being a federal employee who is working for no pay currently, I am thinking no blood tests are going to get done this year. That being said, I figure if I have some people to wait with maybe the next 140 days wont seem so long.

OneFineAcre

Herd Master
Reaction score
Starting the kidding thread kind of early aren't you ?:lol:

We have started breeding now too. Rocky is in the breeding pen with Rosemarinus and Zamia now. These are the only two does we are breeding to Rocky

Cookie is in the pen with Caspian. Pretty sure Cookie is bred now. The plan is to breed Coleus to Caspian too but in November.

Big Brown will be bred to Ginger, Minnie, Taffy and Coco and Daisy.

Moonshine will be bred to Clara Belle.

That's the plan now. Will spread out from now to the end of Nov.

autumnprairie

Owned by the Rotten Heifers
Reaction score
Missy said:
Hurray! I have had no blood test done either. And being a federal employee who is working for no pay currently, I am thinking no blood tests are going to get done this year. That being said, I figure if I have some people to wait with maybe the next 140 days wont seem so long.
I just wanted say Thank you for your dedication and continuing to work with no pay. Hopefully that will end soon I hope they pay you retro active for the time

HoneyDreameMomma

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
autumnprairie said:
Missy said:
I just wanted say Thank you for your dedication and continuing to work with no pay. Hopefully that will end soon I hope they pay you retro active for the time
X2!

We're breeding our does a little later in the season, so we won't be getting kids until late April, but I also love kidding threads. I'll be happy to follow and wait. :D

daisyjack

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
I will wait with you too. I got Ruby due 1/25 another hopefully Roxie due 3/11 and I am hoping for to breed cherry for April/may. I plan on drawing blood for the first time in three weeks

Missy

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
OneFineAcre said:
Starting the kidding thread kind of early aren't you ?:lol
Lol, My patience has worn thin. Not too early. 2 of my goats are about a week into their pregnancies...... lol

laugh all you want, I thought about starting a pre kidding thread!

I am curious about the changes people witness early on in pregnancy and changes with various breeds/crosses. Kind of like a journal of notes I am gathering:)