Maremma poultry dog needs quick rehome! Anyone near Wisconsin? I'll deliver.

Deedles

Herd lurker
Reaction score
Have a beautiful intact 2 yr. old female Maremma raised with guineas and ducks. Has never been inside a fence but she has been trained to stay in her yard, so introduction to fencing would be required if you have that. She sits 99%, stays 50% til released and comes 100% with multiple prompts as I don't let her say no. Problem is our guineas are gone due to neighbors complaints (hope they are liking the ticks moving back in) and she now only has me to guard which is starting to be a problem. Showing aggression to our old dog and others as well... whichever ones she decides is a predator or danger to me. She also doesn't prefer small children but is fine with our neighboring teenagers. Am prepared to deliver her to Tennessee tomorrow if no one closer wants to add her to their farm. You wouldn't be sorry, she's an awesome Maremma and we love her. Her name is Tilly

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Greetings and welcome to BYH from NE Texas. Sorry you have to let your dog go and I know it must really hurt you. I wish I were closer. There are folks up north near you that may be interested, but since you're leaving with her to TN tomorrow, there may not be enough time to place her closer from on here. :( Whatever, I surely hope you find her a new forever home that will care for her and giver her a good and meaningful life. Please stay around at least long enough to give us a status report and update. Thanks.

TnHomesteader

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Have a beautiful intact 2 yr. old female Maremma raised with guineas and ducks. Has never been inside a fence but she has been trained to stay in her yard, so introduction to fencing would be required if you have that. She sits 99%, stays 50% til released and comes 100% with multiple prompts as I don't let her say no. Problem is our guineas are gone due to neighbors complaints (hope they are liking the ticks moving back in) and she now only has me to guard which is starting to be a problem. Showing aggression to our old dog and others as well... whichever ones she decides is a predator or danger to me. She also doesn't prefer small children but is fine with our neighboring teenagers. Am prepared to deliver her to Tennessee tomorrow if no one closer wants to add her to their farm. You wouldn't be sorry, she's an awesome Maremma and we love her. Her name is Tilly

TnHomesteader

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
We are in the Waynesboro, Tn area, and would love to have her!

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
She may already be enroute. Her post was Saturday and she indicated she was traveling on Sunday.