Margali's Griffin Wood Ranch

Margali

Herd Master
Reaction score
Took a 4 day weekend to work on utilities. I'm wore out. Trenches are dug for water and electric/fiber. My wonderful sister in law Amanda took kids for several hours while Uncle Lee (red shirt) helped with trenching. 20210925_120158.jpg
20210925_161448.jpg
Then everyone came to see the house and mass chaos ensued. I found out a 3yr old can fit in a 6" wide trench and thinks it's hilarious.
20210925_193039.jpg

Margali

Herd Master
Reaction score
Week 9 Update
- Water line installed and yard hydrant moved to east of house. The 1.5" Pex-A gives us 35gpm because the main is at 100PSIG! We had to install a pressure regulator to have 75PSIG into house.
- Trench for electrical done.
- Additional wire is on order because they filled Rev1 of quote not Rev2.
- Septic install has started. We have a giant hole on the backyard and trench to sprinkler locations.

Whew, we got a lot done. And as usual I got injured. I was stepping over the 6" wide, 36" deep trench and the edge crumbled. I wrenched my ankle and knee. I got roadrash on my shin. I also managed to smash my left pointer finger with the stuff I was carrying. Sigh...

Last edited:

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Whew, we got a lot done. And as usual I got injured. I was stepping over the 6" wide, 36" deep trench and the edge crumbled. I wrenched my ankle and knee. I got roadrash on my shin. I also managed to smash my left pointer finger with the stuff I was carrying. Sigh...

Well you better stay at the window with your youngins to check out the septic....that's a way bigger hole! :old :oops::old:hide

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I had a friend come over last week for some sheep therapy. Her mom died of covid, just days later, her step father died, the next day her step mom died. Poor woman was hit from all sides. Plus she is going to the hospital in another week for double mastectomy and reconstruction surgery. Breast cancer runs in her family and she doesn't want cancer. She and her friend went into the sheep barn and got mugged for attention from the ewes.

Sheba and Setry were in there and Sentry just went ga-ga over the two ladies. Both got lots of licky-face and Anatolian hugs. Sheba finally warmed up to them. I finally caught one of Miranda's lambs and my friend held her, hugged, squeezed and kissed that lamb. Aria came up to her for scratches and petting. My friend was delighted. They both thought Aria was the prettiest in the whole flock. Aria was super sweet and my fried left with a big smile on her face.

There's nothing like sheep and dog hugs when life kicks you down.