Margali's Griffin Wood Ranch

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I got all my reciepts done, printed out a summary to take to CPA. I'm keeping important folders in my truck so I don't lose them. LOL LOL

Don't worry about showing a profit, it will come. In the meantime, charge off all you can. I do a profit/loss for the sheep and show a profit this year. I do the dogs, dead loss. BUT at least the sheep are profitable. I don't know how the CPA does it all, that's why I pay him. I will consider myself a REAL farmer when/if the sheep cover the dog expense. LOL LOL

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
I will consider myself a REAL farmer when/if the sheep cover the dog expense.
Since the dogs are needed to protect the sheep, aren't they part of farm expenses? It isn't like they are lap dogs hanging around in the house 24x7.

Get your laugh emoji's ready. Currently researching wood chippers and other tools for the farm.
3 point for the tractor?

Margali

Herd Master
Reaction score
So there may have been a house on the land at one point. I found what appears to be an old well to south of main gate. There is an old propane tank about 50ft from the well.
20220218_174216.jpg
20220218_174110.jpg
20220218_174115.jpg

Unfortunately, FIL's tractor moved to next family member needing it last week. May see if tractor can come back at some point. Otherwise, I'll cut off the top assembly and fill with mud slurry so it can't collapse.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yes, by all means fill in the well or you can have it tested and see if it can be outfitted to water the animals and garden. That might be a better use of the well, but safety for your children comes first.

The old propane tank can be sold on Craigslist to make a BBQ pit out of.

Latest posts