Margali's Griffin Wood Ranch

Margali

Herd Master
Reaction score
Today was terrifying and almost a tragedy. I am still freaking out hours later.

*SHEEP ARE OKAY*

This morning, I was working on swingset accessories and Bruno started barking. I look up and there are a pair of stray dogs at the closed front gates. The dogs went UNDER the gate and took of straight for the sheep. Bruno tried to drive them off but they ignored him. They dove right thru the 2 wire electric fence. I run full tilt to the sheep shed yelling "SHEEP" "SHEEP". The herd comes at a dead run after circling towards the pond with dogs in pursuit. I manage to steer the sheep into the night pen and slam the gate in front of the dogs.

Dash was limping a little bit at first on her left front but seems okay now. Whitey's back leg was covered in slobber but no wounds. I reported it to sheriff's office. And he said there is a pack of 30-40 stray dogs several miles north of my place. The officers' advice was SSS and a donkey. *sigh*

I think our next ranch project will be a proper shooting backstop in location of old range. I'm already planning on fencing once check for selling the truck clears.

Last edited:

Finnie

Herd Master
Reaction score
I run full tilt to the sheep shed yelling "SHEEP" "SHEEP".
THIS is the benefit of training the sheep to come to the feed can shaking and the associated SHEEP SHEEP call.

You needed it in an emergency and they knew what to do. Wonderful job saving them from those dogs!

Latest posts