Margali's Griffin Wood Ranch

purplequeenvt

Herd Master
Reaction score
This marking harness stuff is a little more complicated then I thought. The soft crayons are marking well on Snickers knees but the yellow and orange don't show up on the buff colored ewes! Should I switch to my last mild crayon, purple? Do you go off day time average temp or night time average temp?

It doesn’t really matter which “temperature” crayon you use, but the cold crayons are softer and will get used up faster in warmer weather. The hot ones are harder and might not mark as well if it’s really cold.

I’ve heard that they don’t work as well on hair sheep, but I’ve only ever used them on wool sheep so I don’t know if that’s true or not.

I usually skip yellow/orange because it’s harder to see on my dark ewes. I use red, green, and blue.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
When I used a harness on my boers, I'd always rough the crayon surface a little to take the "finish" off. Seemed to mark better. Do you have the crayon positioned at the meeting of legs & chest? Maybe he's taller and needs it moved? I liked purple for show up....on white bodies the orange did well. At that time, I had no dark bodies 😁

Margali

Herd Master
Reaction score
Dottie has been bred I think. I can't see the mark but she has chevron shaped rumples in her fur. I got the breeding group's fence reset and them out just now. The other group has the last of my hay.

I am sick ugh. Fever, soar throat, body aches, and all. I asked hubby to get me jello and pudding.

Margali

Herd Master
Reaction score
So the shaped cake broke apart coming out of pan. This is final result- dino hatching...
20230430_122808.jpg
20230430_155934.jpg

Latest posts