Margali's Griffin Wood Ranch

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
New fence line is weed wacked and up. I found out that 3ft tall clover stems closely approximate rope and foul the weed wacker.
Yup! That tall stuff just loves to wind around the darned weed wackers. I have 3 different wackers now - gas that so far hasn't had that problem and has the thickest line available, and two electric that we've replaced the heads so those can have thicker line as well. Around here the mustard and wild geranium get caught in everything.

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
Check out those that have plastic blades. They cut through the toughest mustard stems. You do have to replace those plastic blades because they get dull on the heavier stuff. Actually, the blade edges wear off. If you can find metal blades they will last longer.

Margali

Herd Master
Reaction score
Another day, another snake 😱
This is a speckled kingsnake. Bruno did a good job of alerting at him and annoying him away from the kids.
20230530_203833.jpg

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
If you have gates in the run, put a cutoff switch on the gate post. That way you can shut of the next section of hotwire if you need to. In my case "need" is often after if figure out where the slug is that fried itself on the t-post and the hot wire. Lovely blue flash and zap noise otherwise ;)

The AC pan slope is temporarily fixed leggos and sealed gap with packing tape.
Clever temp fix with what you have on hand. Bravo!

Testosterone?
Stupidity

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Nice looking king snake! Lucky you, hope it sticks around. Good on Bruno for keeping the kids away. He’s a good dog.

Getting more fence up! It’s such a job, congratulations on adding more grazing for the sheep.