Mass murderer caught in act - VERY GRIM pics

bonbean01

Herd Master
Reaction score
CBL...yes...when a snake is terrifying our chickens and going after a clutch of eggs our hen is sitting on....they get shot. Not a southern thing....same applies in Canada and that's pretty far north. We also have cottonmouth and copperhead snakes...they get shot too. They will come out of the pond when we fish and head straight for us...causing me to give my best Hollywood scream.

CochinBrahmaLover=)

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Straw Hat Kikos said:
The Grim Raker said:
Who is this Royd guy Cochin - name already taken :ep :ep :ep :ep :ep :ep :ep :ep
Oh no. I certainly hope this is the real Royd aka The Grim Raker...
The world has come to an end.... :lol:

Bonbean - Canada is southern if it has snakes, LOL. Meanie, ship the nonvenomous snakes to us, we'd be happy, LOL (i would atleast)

The Grim Raker

Reaction score
bonbean01 said:
CBL...yes...when a snake is terrifying our chickens and going after a clutch of eggs our hen is sitting on....they get shot. Not a southern thing....same applies in Canada and that's pretty far north. We also have cottonmouth and copperhead snakes...they get shot too. They will come out of the pond when we fish and head straight for us...causing me to give my best Hollywood scream.
Bonbean - you just pm me if those snakes come to suck eggs again and I will reign down the freshly sharpened rake in return for a plate loaded with poached egg on toast and a lamb sandwich with a twist of mint sauce to go

Alice Acres

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Royd Wood said:
Straw Hat Kikos said:
Royd - It sounds as if you're famous now. Ye shall now be know as 'The Raker' :lol:

Or maybe the 'Grim Raker'? lol
lol Is the new James Bond movie called Moonraker - The Raker sounds like a villan in a Batman movie

Grim Raker :D :lol: :D - like that one - or I could be Clint Eastwood "go ahead punk RAKE my day"
I had to show my husband the Raker technique, so I dug up this posting. I also caught up on the comments. This one got my attention. My youngest Old English sheepdog's registered name is Masquerade Madness Moonraker - and his call name is.... of course....BOND! :)

And that fox actually looked pretty sickly, no wonder he was launching an attack where they normally would have had more caution. Looks like some mange, or something going on. We used to have fox, and then some disease that made them look similar to this one ended up wiping out our whole population. Now we have coyotes...so not sure we really came out ahead on this one. :(

Queen Mum

N.E.R.D.
Reaction score
Royd, can you come over and rake up some trouble at my place and catch some rats? I really could use the help. My place is slowly going under. They have eaten up all the electrical wiring and and are working on everything else now. PLEASE, I will give you some cheese!

Straw Hat Kikos

The Kiko Cowboy
Reaction score
Queen Mum said:
Royd, can you come over and rake up some trouble at my place and catch some rats? I really could use the help. My place is slowly going under. They have eaten up all the electrical wiring and and are working on everything else now. PLEASE, I will give you some cheese!
I've heard he likes to be paid in rakes. He keeps a rake from every place he 'rakes'. He's made a shrine from them I've heard too...

bonbean01

Herd Master
Reaction score
Saw a fox cross my property at dusk today...think I'll print those photos of what happens to a fox when the Grim Raker is on the case and post them on the chicken coop...in colour!