Mastitis, graphic case

Snowhunter

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
So I've been dealing with a pretty nasty mastitis in one of my Jersey cows. While treatment is done and we're basically in limbo waiting on the healing process.. I thought it might be a good informational post for this section. The "issue" is it is very graphic in nature, picture wise, towards the end of treatment and the last few days. I hesitate to post anything about it, due to that graphic matter and knowing there are young folks on here that it could cause problems with.

So I wanted to go ahead and ask if it would be something postable, for informational purposes, with pictures included. The graphic nature is its bloody and involves removing a mass from a cows udder. I would include the whole treatment regime and such, as well as the "photo journal" that goes along with it.

Mods? Nifty?

Thought I'd ask first, instead of anyone losing thier lunch and me getting yelled at ;)

HankTheTank

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I know I'm not a mod, but I think it would be educational and could be helpful, no matter how icky it looks. Just maybe put "Graphic" in the subject line so people know what they're getting into :)

WildRoseBeef

Range nerd & bovine enthusiast
Reaction score
HankTheTank said:
I know I'm not a mod, but I think it would be educational and could be helpful, no matter how icky it looks. Just maybe put "Graphic" in the subject line so people know what they're getting into :)
I agree. You've got me interested in how you handled such a case and what you did.

Mods? Nifty? What d'ya think?

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
Go ahead and post it. Quite frankly this forum is much better equipped mentally to handle stuff like this than most forums imo and even our younger member have most likely seen things that would make others squeamish. Please just adust your title to state **Graphic Pics**

For future reference...next time you need a mod opinion just PM one of us or report one of your posts and ask your question rather than relying on us stumbling upon your post ;)

Cricket

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
For sure go for it! (although I'm thinking that if you put 'graphic photos' or 'gross-out' on it, you'll end up with more interest rather than less. Or maybe that's just me!).

How is your cow doing? Are you going to be able to save the quarter? Is it going to keep you from eating cottage cheese for awhile?

Snowhunter

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Em, my bad.... just call me dodo, I didn't even think of PM'ing one of yall :hide :lol:

Alright, I'll post the saga.. its gonna take awhile to get it all together and get the pictures all posted, so I'll work on it over the next day or so.

And I will make sure and put Graphic in the subject.

Cricket.. she's doing alright, actually. I don't know what her future holds as far as next lactation, just waiting to see how things go.

Latest posts