1. BYH Official Poll: What are the things that you should consider before buying herds?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  2. Update on our 4 piggies - Featured Thread
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. BYH Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

mating times

Discussion in 'Breeds and Breeding - Rabbits' started by Gary, Jun 16, 2019.

1. Jun 16, 2019
    Gary

Gary Overrun with beasties

is there a best time of day to put the does in with the buck? sometimes my buck doesn't seem very interested.

B&B Happy goats likes this.
  2. Jun 16, 2019
    B&B Happy goats

B&B Happy goats Herd Master Golden Herd Member

Mine do well mid mornings......i leave them after the first hump and bump for a little while (45 min.) Then put her back in her hutch. (She always goes to visit the he ):) :bunny

AmberLops likes this.
  3. Jun 16, 2019
    AmberLops

AmberLops True BYH Addict

I breed mine mid-mornings too (around 9-10 am) and that always works for me!
    I put the doe in and make sure I see it happen and then I put her back (my buck is lazy after 1 breeding!) and I put her back in with him throughout the day...usually every hour or so until around 6 pm.
    I know it sounds difficult but I gotta know for sure that she's pregnant ha ha :p