Maybe Preggy? ... Yep! ... New Pictures post 20 ... Updates Post 28

dbunni

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Okay ... we have a couple Angora goats. I keep does, but we brought a buck in a year ago. He was a rescue in horrible ... horrible ... shape. Almost died several times. Projection was that he would probably be sterile and because of the damage to his legs he couldn't "get up to it"! Looking at Miss Bella today I'm beginning to wonder about the get up ... He may be short and crippled, but???

So ... thoughts? The only reason I question is that she looks to be gaining ... and not wool! Her teats are distended, but no bagging. Thank you ...

Ariel301

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
It looks like it's possible, I'm not 100% sure though.

Hahaha without seeing the head, that looks like the rear end of a poodle.

dbunni

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Here's the "non poodle" end ... just before winter took hold! Oh but she can get into trouble ... she was checking out the lighting up on the deck and got caught!

1370_bella_in_trouble.jpg

Roll farms

Spot Master
Reaction score
I *know* they are goats...but them critters sure do look like sheep!

Pretty girl.

Ariel301

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Roll farms said:
I *know* they are goats...but them critters sure do look like sheep!

Pretty girl.
Hahaha they really do. Get some Katahdin or Barbados sheep to go with them and you'll have people really confused. Angoras are neat though, I almost got one but couldn't justify feeding one just for the hair with feed prices the way they are.

dbunni

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Any thoughts from the experts?

dbunni

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Okay, today Miss Bella's belly was looking a little different. She has definately dropped. We coraled her (she is not the loving child, people are a food bucket and ignored!) to take a look underneath ... the nipps looked a little different to me ... and Yep ... she has milk.

Now the question ... since this is a complete surprise ... what should I watch for so we don't miss helping if needed? She has been breathing a little heavier lately.

Thanks for any help ...

helmstead

Goat Mistress
Reaction score
She's probably HOT. I would shear her, especially around the rear end to avoid, um...fly larvae.

If she's bred, she doesn't look close at all...but given all that curly stuff I can't even appreciate her udder. I know fiber goats won't have a big udder - but I don't see one at all.

Shearing off that fiber will help her be more comfortable AND help you watch for progress.

dbunni

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
She has been sheared and the heat is not that bad here yet. She is carrying less than an inch of coat. I've taken a 10 blade to the back area. Even under fans in 60 Degs she is panting. She just bagged up (the pix was taken a couple weeks ago). The bag is about the size of 2 grapefruits. Nice and firm. The teats head a little "easty/westy" now instead of strait down like they were.

helmstead

Goat Mistress
Reaction score
dbunni said:
She has been sheared and the heat is not that bad here yet. She is carrying less than an inch of coat. I've taken a 10 blade to the back area. Even under fans in 60 Degs she is panting. She just bagged up (the pix was taken a couple weeks ago). The bag is about the size of 2 grapefruits. Nice and firm. The teats head a little "easty/westy" now instead of strait down like they were.
:thumbsup