Mchaos acres 2017 kidding thread

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Well, then it seems you came by your farm name honestly M-cHaos farms :lol::hugs Good for you on handling the buck!

samssimonsays

Milo & Me Hoppy Tail Acres
Reaction score
somewhere in the Northern region of Minnesota
:yuckyuck:lol: I thought the same thing @Latestarter

I had to do that too many times with my wether so I know your pain:barnie After he jumped up on me trying to take the feed scoop from me and left bruises on my chest and banged my head against the barn I was DONE. He went with a friends wether to a pet home where he is a perfect angel because he is only one of two goats. :rolleyes: I spent more time knocking him down and making him submit to me than I could actually enjoy the goats in the end so he had to go. I hope he learned his lesson!

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Ummmm the fact that he's gone... would indicate he didn't... justsayin :idunno oh... or were you referring to her buck?

Pamela

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
The buck is our younger buck, Captain Jack. He has always been a sweetheart. We grafted him onto Oreo last year after she lost her triplets. He is not the buck that bred her. He is in with her now, because we have 2 does that we want him to breed, and they are in with Oreo. Our big buck is in another pasture with all of his boer girlfriend's.

samssimonsays

Milo & Me Hoppy Tail Acres
Reaction score
somewhere in the Northern region of Minnesota
The buck is our younger buck, Captain Jack. He has always been a sweetheart. We grafted him onto Oreo last year after she lost her triplets. He is not the buck that bred her. He is in with her now, because we have 2 does that we want him to breed, and they are in with Oreo. Our big buck is in another pasture with all of his boer girlfriend's.
It sounds like his hormones are still in the spirit of rut! I hope you don't have any issues that progress. THose horns alone worry me on any goat.

Pamela

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Well, she finally did it! Oreo kidded at about 9 tonight. An hour earlier, Sunny and I noticed contractions every 3 minutes. Another daughter and I checked at 9:30 and she had 1 kid on the ground and was struggling to deliver another. After donning gloves, I reached in and discovered that while the head was delivered, her front hooves were back and out of reach. I tried from different angles, and was almost in full panic mode when my husband came out and he was able to get the kid delivered. (side note- my husband is a nurse practioner who worked as an RN for many years and delivered many babies) I was super worried that if I pulled on the kid's head that I would pull it in two. Cameron knew how much he could pull without causing damage. That kid, a doeling was slightly alive, but mostly dead. We thought she was coming around, but ultimately, we lost her. Baby #3 was hot on her heels and delivered immediatley afterward. They look almost identical to Sunny Searle's trio. So triplets, 2 does, 1 buck. We have 1 and 1 surviving. They are resting and have kind of eaten, but not well. We are watching them closely. I will post pictures when I have some.

norseofcourse

Herd Master
Reaction score
Congrats on the kids, sorry about the one you lost. Good for your husband on being able to help!

lcertuche

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Too bad about the little one. Hope Mama and babies recover from the birthing experience quickly.:fl