Me, My Herd, My Sanity That I'm Surprised Exists

MiniGoatsRule

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Hey, I want to get a little life change, so every time something worth a story happens regarding my herd, or a story that really managed to comically put my sanity on the line, I am gonna make a post about it here. So be prepared for some funny stuff and some stories that make me look bad and make everybody else feel better about themselves or something.

MiniGoatsRule

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
For a start, well, a bad start, I thought my horses and pony were killed today. Casper, my big Cremello Gelding, and Quincy, my dad's Palomino Gelding, don't necessarily get along. I was over by our barn's patio, and I heard the loudest shriek/growl...?/winny from a horse. There were some vehicles in the way, so I couldn't see their paddocks. I ran over, thinking, "Please don't be another injury or a dead horse." I went over and saw them rearing at each other and fighting from over the fence, so I shooed them away from each other and they luckily didn't look too dead.
Then when I was at the patio after that, I saw my sorrel half-horse laying on his side, and I couldn't see him breathing, but I saw his ears twitch and his eyes blink, and I realized that he was sleeping and my eyes are trash and like to make a fool out of me. Luckily I didn't make a show about thinking Squirt was dead.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Same here with the 2 alpacas. Most of the time they "cush" but sometimes they lie down with their necks stretched out and look dead. Kind of like chickens sunning themselves with a wing out.

MiniGoatsRule

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
We are just headed to our local Murdoch's to get a calf shelter, we are gonna buy some feeder calves for roping. Anybody want to bet me some cash something goes wrong?😉

Latest posts