I’m A Jinxi

Just born
Reaction score
My husband and I are looking into rabbits for the sale of bones (mostly skulls) and their fur. But if we can also get meat as a treat for the dogs that’s a big bonus.

What would be the best breed for this? And is there anything special we should know about before getting started? We’ll probably start small with a two to one gender ratio. We live in the Mojave desert so weather conditions are a big factor since we have such extreme temperature differences.

Is there anything that we can easily grow for them to lower food cost?

Xerocles

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
My husband and I are looking into rabbits for the sale of bones (mostly skulls) and their fur. But if we can also get meat as a treat for the dogs that’s a big bonus.

What would be the best breed for this? And is there anything special we should know about before getting started? We’ll probably start small with a two to one gender ratio. We live in the Mojave desert so weather conditions are a big factor since we have such extreme temperature differences.

Is there anything that we can easily grow for them to lower food cost?
I don't know the answer to your question, but more knowledgable folks will porbably be along shortly. It would probably be easier to answer with just a little more info from you. What will you do with the skulls? Rabbit breeds range from just a couple of pounds to nearly 20 lbs. Best breed would be judged by size needed.
An aside. Your user name. "I'm a Jinxi". Does this mean that you are from Jinxi, PRC? Just curious.

I’m A Jinxi

Just born
Reaction score
I’m actually not from PRC. I had to look it up to know what you were taking about lol. The name is based of a character I use for stories, basically an internet persona.
We intend to sell the skulls and bones. We know several people who use bones for jewelry making.