Meat goats pasture fattening

410farmer

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
I wanted to graze goats with other livestock without using too much hay. I’m worried the other livestock(cattle, llama) would eat too much of the hay for the goats. Should I just keep around 5-8 goats on their own 1-3 acre rotational with supplemental grain and hay?

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
If you put it out there, the llamas and cattle will certainly eat it. Your idea of rotational grazing sounds better. Or you could graze them together during the day, then separate them at night for hay and feed.

410farmer

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
If you put it out there, the llamas and cattle will certainly eat it. Your idea of rotational grazing sounds better. Or you could graze them together during the day, then separate them at night for hay and feed.
I’m thinking of doing a little bit of both, dry females and bucks will graze with the cattle. Once bred lactating does, wethers and meat does would be in the different rotational pen. I think my hard answer on it would come when I see how the pasture fair with them, then I may just give the buck his own pen when he’s not baby making lol

Last edited:

Latest posts