Medicated goat feed.

20kidsonhill

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
yes, it is for coccidiosis. May contian Monensin(rumensin) or Deccox. The two medications work differently, Neither will prevent all out breaks. But will help.

Oakroot

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I figured that was what it was for but did not want to assume and put my goats at risk.

Roll farms

Spot Master
Reaction score
Something else to keep in mind - "Medicated" can give you a false sense of security. When our vet first suggested we feed it years ago, I ASSumed everything would be hunky dory w/ my kids that year.... and still had some get sick w/ Coccidiosis. They have to be big enough / eat enough to get the medication up to therapeutic levels....meaning a 3 wk old kid isn't going to ingest enough of the medication for it to work...so if you have a cocci issue, you still need to do some form of prevention or treatment to protect the babies until they're eating enough of the medicated feed for it to 'work'. I still do cocci prevention up until they're 6-8 mos old (depending on the weather), even though by then they're eating enough of the feed.