Meet Ashanti: My new Project Horse

Amelie the Bee Keeper

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Hello! So this is a little bit like a progress diary for Ashanti. She is a beautiful chestnut mare with some white on her body and a star. I don't know her age or height but she is about 15/16hh. Let's get to the story of what happened. So today I went to my barn like usual and I found out that my mentor Lani has a new horse to work with: Ashanti. Lani had never heard of her before so it was a shock to her that she was to work with her as Lani works with all sorts of horses (10 total now but was 9). Ashanti is such a sweet gal! Her right hind is injured but the vet said that we need to work her and ride her. She is very fresh and was very forward today but I will be lunging her again tomorrow. The last time that she was ridden was over a year ago and she might have been shown before. She is overweight and is in dire need of proper exercise as she was only walked after her injection. Ashanti has two paths that she can take after 2+ months of flatwork 1. She will be leased as a broodmare if still lame and can't school 2. She can be sold or leased as a child's jumper and most likely jump will not be able to jump over 0.36m. Only time will tell her journey. She needs some serious TLC. I am very excited to work with her as my new project horse. I also notice the similarity to Meet Peral, new horse by @Baymule so sorry.

Edit: I forgot to mention that she is pregant... with fat. She looks like a broodmare

Last edited:

Amelie the Bee Keeper

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
:welcome
Pictures please. What breed is she?
I didn't ask her breed but I will ask her age and breed. I don't think Lani knows yet
Gotta love thoes pictures :clap
Pictures are coming today! We will do a little photo shoot of bad things on her and I will post all of that jazz as I want/need to keep track of her right hind and a fat lump that might just be cellulite.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Congrats on the acquisition! Love folks who take on animals that otherwise would be eliminated, and try to give them a useful/productive/happy future. Hope you're successful and waiting for pics (like everyone else) :):caf:pop

Amelie the Bee Keeper

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Congrats on the acquisition! Love folks who take on animals that otherwise would be eliminated, and try to give them a useful/productive/happy future. Hope you're successful and waiting for pics (like everyone else) :):caf:pop
So far she is quite overweight. Ashanti isn't my horse as she is my other mentor Val's horse who also leases this barn. But for now, she is my horse to help train therefore being my project horse. Lani will be the first to ride her even though she is too tall for Ashanti. Lani will pretty much get her back into the riding world and then I will take over from there as she is more experienced with young and fresh horses.