Meet Pearl, New Horse

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have haunted the Kill Pen facebook sites forever, looking for a Tennessee Walker that slapped me sideways. I found her. I showed her to my husband and he already named her. I called the location and paid for her. We are going in the morning to pick her up.

She is VERY skinny and will need lots of TLC. She is 12 years old and 14.3 hands.

Pearl's color markings are called Sabino.

https://www.twhbea.com/color/sabino/?v=7516fd43adaa

http://www.horse-genetics.com/sabino-horses.html

Horse colors and markings can get real detailed, DNA testing and so forth. I am quite happy without DNA testing to tell me something that is already pretty plain. She may/may not be registered, there are no papers. Don't really care about that either. She will be for our enjoyment, not for breeding. I see no point in adding to the over population of horses, it is much easier to go get one than it is to breed, raise, train one.

upload_2018-11-5_13-59-26-png.29166

upload_2018-11-5_13-59-50-png.29167

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Loaded up.

6462b430-f88c-4c0e-8730-c0fa7ec28885-jpeg.29182

Pearl is in quarantine on the Pig Palace, now named the Horse Hotel. She has hay, water, shelter and a little moving around room. She hasn’t stopped eating hay yet.

eaa93e69-fbfe-4fa1-86b4-1e8be0b3618a-jpeg.29184

Pearl is going to get free feed hay and all the fresh water she wants. We got her a mineral salt block. This evening I will start giving her pellets, a cup or two, and increase it daily.

@Devonviolet

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
DD1 wants a horse so bad. DH isn’t inclined. We were doing lessons on riding but the instructor got pregnant and it was too much. I’m torn. We live on a farm and they are only young once...ugh!
Go for it woman....you only live once, besides it will keep her busy and away from trouble.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Wehner Homestead I saved my nickels and dimes when I was a kid and amassed the small fortune of $200. At age 12 I announced that I was going to buy a horse, watched the Houston Chronicle ads and called about an Appaloosa filly. I got directions, the whole bit, and my Daddy took me to see her. My Mom about had a cow. I bought her, my Daddy found a place to board her and I spent every moment I could with her. Taking care of and riding my horse was the best part of my teenage years.

He!! YES. Buy your daughter a horse. You are 100% right, they are only young ONE time, then they are grown and gone. Have all the fun and make all the memories you can. And while you're at it, get a horse for yourself too, riding together will be the best memories of her childhood.

Latest posts