Meet Pearl, New Horse

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I gave her 2 cups of pellets. Not one morsel escaped her. I m going to wait a couple of days to worm her.

1400f596-ba1d-4375-b966-c556c6049935-jpeg.29191

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well good morning miss Pearl, i hope you are just lovin your new home, I'm sure your new momma is feedin you lots of great stuff. I wouldn't be surprised to find her in the kitchen baking you a oat cake...i know you will love her as much as she already loves you...would you please give miss bay a big old sloppy lick across the cheek for me...i know she'll be tickled pink if ya do....eat alot and heeeeee, say hello to Bay:love

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have always been an admirer of horses Parents from WV & dad in Navy (mostly on ship) and we live in Norfolk, VA because of that. Trips to visit GPs meant seeing the little mine ponies and getting to ride any horse/pony my grandad could arrange with neighbors. :)

ALWAYS wanted my own & dad agreed but mom nixed. Hey, we lived in an apartment, eventually a house in a residential area. Dad & I wanted land, mom NO. So the USN sent us to Cuba. While there dad traded his rowboat for a horse that was known by others to be a touch "wild". We did not. I had ridden it accidentally shortly before the buy. Yes, several single guys had cowboyed him and he responded by bucking them off -- several times. Being a 12 y/o girl (as you were with first, Bay) I wanted to love and brush and hug....the horse responded and in kind, we built an unseparable bond. I could do anything with Joker -- we loved each other!! He was great for me to ride, sensible, gentle, responding. Let a man get on him and he was wild again! Jekyl & Hyde.

Mom fumed at the original ownership ($12.50 a month board at the bases family corral). Dad & I loved it!:D
Broke my heart when I had to sell him to return statside. Only option.:( I still have video of us. A big chestnut gelding with a white star...who loved a little girl who worshipped him. I even brushed his teeth :lol: What does kid know?? He let me.