Goat Whisperer

Herd Master
Reaction score
Pete doesn't get much mention and I am not sure why... :hide
He like the others, has turned out to be a wonderful dog!

Pete was known as P.T. for those of you that followed the Callie/D pup thread!
PT was short for "pocket Toli".
He was the smallest little guy at birth and fit in our pocket so nicely!
Boy did he grow up!

He always has a "smile"- the pyr side of him. :D
He has a little longer coat than some of the other boys, but still nothing like the long pyr coat. He has done well with the other boys. He is aware he is not the lead and does well with it. However I do see that once he gets his own field he will be the "boss". He is a sensitive boy and really wants to be "top dog" in his human handlers eyes. So of course everyday I tell him how awesome he is but these dogs are smart... he knows Blue and Chunk outrank him.

Always hard for me to see a really great dog that has lead potential be stifled because of birth/pecking order. Not for long though... new land and new fields coming soon!

Blue is Callie's favorite. Always has been, always will be. :\
Pete is my love! He is so wonderful with visitors and a gentle dog.
Pete stays wherever we put him BUT he gets so happy when we call him and the gates are closed! It is "our game" he will jump over and come to us! We only do this with Pete! He loves it and I think it makes him feel special.

Here he is... he was sleeping when we called him... up and over! See his smile! I LOVE his smile. Yes, that is a 4ft gate.

Sooooooo
It was all cute when Mr. Pete does that
But now Trouble the goat has taken to doing the same thing
Not cute when she gets to the other side and chases the babies away from their grain and eats it all :barnie
Typical, it's the goat causing 'Trouble' :D

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
time to make a higher gate...

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
I taught my dogs to go over gates. I buy gates that have 2x4 no climb welded on the bottom and then a 1' clear space at the top. The dogs go through the space and not over the top, no idea why. It would be much easier on them to just go up and over, especially on my big boy. But no, they go through the gap. If I don't want them to use a gate as their private passage I put a piece of stock panel to cover the gap and they don't go over.

I tried many ways to give the dogs access to the various fields and everything they could get through so could the goats. And since I don't have a dog for every field this works. I am waiting for my puppy to figure this out...hope she takes a few more months.

Latest posts