Meet the goatastoga

MMWB

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
You don't have problems with them chewing on the pressure treated timbers? It would be toxic. I would think the screens might help keep the hooves worn down as well and would be tempted to make a steep ramp of one for the back (don't want to get rid of the lounging stairs!).

bjjohns

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
You don't have problems with them chewing on the pressure treated timbers? It would be toxic. I would think the screens might help keep the hooves worn down as well and would be tempted to make a steep ramp of one for the back (don't want to get rid of the lounging stairs!).
They do nibble on things, but since they don't put aresnic in pressure treated lumber any more I'm not quite as worried. We also move this to new grazing (fenced) every 5-7 days.

I put 2' tall cattle panel down each side, inside the goatastoga, and cattle panelled off the entire tongue end to avoid accidental oops.

The wire does help keep us from trimming.

LocoYokel

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Can you make me one in my size? I promise to not chew on the wood or fall out the front!!! (Been looking for a new camper trailer... :lol:)
Seriously this is just precious and I think my hens need sumsuch for the back yard!

bjjohns

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I did make an "EggMobile" on a 4'x8' farm wagon from Northern Tool (3 pictures in thumbnails) but it's really only usable half the year. It has a plastic floor with 1/2" square holes. Too hard to keep warm in the winter. We keep our chickens year round in our ultra-lightweight chicken tractors.
EggMobile1.jpg EggMobile2.jpg EggMobile3.jpg ChickenTractor.jpg