MELS. NEW ADVENTURES

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
20190303_174115.jpg

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
Ok ya all going to have to give me some time to get this on a thred for mel , really brain fog has not lifted....but this is my good morning face from our man mel, lol
I have to laugh at the pictures of Mel and Missy, Missy weighs 85 lbs and looks like a midget next to Mel !

Last edited:

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
So since i am sitting here i thought i would write some of my stuff...after unloading the truck and looking at the new fencing, i came inside and noticed that the bathroom stunk to high heaven....i had changed the shavings for the chicks on thursday before i left, and left list for Dh to change e/o day...he forgot...ughhhh. and by now they are flying out of the tub, lol and my country raised man was clueless on what to do...so job one as i came into the house...welcome home chicken poo !
As you who have read my journal know we have had our trials and issues with Missy and sophie....was thinking of a LGD, but came to the conclusion that our dogs could be our protection and alert once they started sleeping on the back porch......that has worked out excellent and to the benifit of the dogs and the humans.
When I read about joes passing i was in shock like everyone...., heartbroken , sadness and disbelief....and I felt so sad for Mel.as i am sure everyone did. Mel and elf were his family, his companions, they knew when he wasn't feeling well, and when he was cooking something yummy...they were his full time pals.
As I read the comments people were posting, Mel kept being brought up, what will happen to Mel, many wished they had space for Mel, some were too far away to go get him...and most of all ...I believe we wanted to keep him amoung us as a part of holding on to our friend joe.
I had been crying and was reading some of the comments to my husband about Mel...but I knew that only a miracle would have to happen for all of that to come together......
Then I received a pm asking if I would consider giving Mel a home.....my heart saw it as a sign, my husband saw me as a crazy woman,,,,,i knew he would not do well with a transport company and flying him would be too stressfull for him as his entire world has fallen apart.....so some texts went back and forth, and the contract issue came up and i passed my phone number onto joes family and SBC.... i wasn't going to chase after this, if he is ment to be here it will happen....
SBC asked me "what do you expect of Mel"...my answer was simple..., for him to grieve if he needs to , for him to be the best dog that he can be and if he wants a job i can give him one, and if he just wants to play and lay on the porch and have inside time...its all good......so friday after the ear dr. I headed out to Texas, ....i had just found out that the only type of hearing decice that may work will cost six thousand dollars....ummm, don't have that in my sock draw so will have to do credit card debt.
Somehow, not looking for another dog, and having a platefull already.....Mel has found his way here and we welcome him with wide open arms.....I just hope our friend latestarter approves, because i feel like Mel was guided here......and we feel so blessed to have him with us.
As a side note i did get some of Mels daddys unwashed man funked up clothes to give to mel to keep his smell and make the transition easier and he most likly will get them today as he isn't eating much...not depressed, just a little bummed out...so daddy smell should perk him up a bit i hope.
So Good morning to you all.... and i hope you have a awesome day....this trio of canines will be keeping me busy today as we walk boundaries and talk about Mel being the alpha instead of Missy.....he has already told her but till he starts licking her ears again she is still thinking she is top dog.....:lol:

Last edited:

Devonviolet

Herd Master
Reaction score
Awww! My heart just melted to see that sweet boy’s face again. I am SO happy he has gone to such a wonderful home. I know he is going to be very happy there.

DH and I went to visit Brandy, Joey and Elf yesterday evening. They are really missing Mel, but they know he has gone to a good home, and that makes them happy.

Elf is still his lovable self. It was so sweet! When I walked in the door, he came toward the door, as happy and bouncy as always, but when he realized it was me, he started squealing and dancing around with even more joy. That made me so happy. I just love that boy, and am so happy he is going to his own happy home with Joey. :love

Last edited:

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Joe often said that Mel didn’t always have a big appetite. These dogs don’t eat what you would think they would. He loses weight in the summer and picks it back up in the winter. A kiddie wading pool would be a good summer activity for Mel. I know he is probably confused, misses his Daddy, and how do you explain that to a dog? Mel will take a little time,but with all the love that he is receiving, he will respond and be ok.
P. S. BJ said he really enjoyed meeting you, one helluva lady!

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
Joe often said that Mel didn’t always have a big appetite. These dogs don’t eat what you would think they would. He loses weight in the summer and picks it back up in the winter. A kiddie wading pool would be a good summer activity for Mel. I know he is probably confused, misses his Daddy, and how do you explain that to a dog? Mel will take a little time,but with all the love that he is receiving, he will respond and be ok.
P. S. BJ said he really enjoyed meeting you, one helluva lady!

Lol.....that was fun, the time was wayyyyy to short but we did make it happen. Bj is a trip and i just loved him, great catch there Bay !!!!
I had read about the food so i am not worried, just want the day to arrive when he is in his own and feeling froggy ! We already have a pool for the dogs for the summer ...
Mel was rolling and stretching out on his back this morning in the livingroom, he has made himself at home...
Oh, fecals came back on nubians, excellent results so the zoo grows more saturday i believe , thats if the pregnant one kids, i dont want her moved till that is done so he has agreed to wait.
Queenie pulled her fur yesterday so i need to throw some clothes on and see if we got more bunnies !!!

Last edited:

Latest posts