MELS. NEW ADVENTURES

Devonviolet

Herd Master
Reaction score
Callie I still cannot talk about, there will never ever be another like her. The pain and grief of losing her is just immeasurable.
:hugs:hugs Awww!!! Callie was such a special dog!!! Many of us went through her last pregnancy and birth of all those puppies and then felt your pain when she passed away!!! :hit :hugs

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
:hugs:hugs Awww!!! Callie was such a special dog!!! Many of us went through her last pregnancy and birth of all those puppies and then felt your pain when she passed away!!! :hit :hugs
Thank you devonviolet. I have never in my life been so affected by a loss like I have with Callie.
No one should be so affected but I was, I still am, and it is what it is... just horrible still.

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
Mel is back to normal, has run of yard, dog door and his sand pit he has dug....and no longer gets bowl tiped for him as he is eating .... although his food is put on a chair on the porch, for his comfort. May have to do as @Bruce suggested, and build him his own dinner table :lol:

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Just wear some flip flops in the house. Deal with it. I miss wearing flip flops outside. But I'm gonna get feet full of sand, thorns, pine needles between my toes, and animals that will stomp my feet. We live on a farm. Flip Flops are house shoes. LOL

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Even without any animals at all, ya sure won't keep sand out of a house in Florida....I've owned 2 here and never have....I remember when we first came here to live back in '01, and the adjustment to what ya have to deal with here....sand, insects, and humidity....damp humidity.....tho, in the first house there was carpet down in the house...old, sand-packed carpet....there was a huge mulberry tree at the corner of the house....nobody, before us, ate mulberries....cause the carpet was stained mulberry....from the people walking around outside....tracking in the juice on the shoes on the carpet.....yep....when we got the house, I ripped out the carpet...it was put on top of a wood floor...:)

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
DW and I honeymooned in Akumal Mexico. We chose one of the "bungalow" style rooms rather that a hotel style. EVERYTHING was concrete or tile. Easy cleanup of the sand, need nothing more than a broom.

We don't "do" carpet. No matter how much you vacuum it is always dirty. Hardwood everywhere but the bathrooms and those are tile. We have a few smallish rugs. I do still need to tile the mudroom, had a plan, couldn't get the tile, forgot :(. Of course now there is so much stuff on the floor that most of the Avantek is covered.

Latest posts