1. BYH Official Poll: What are the things that you should consider before buying herds?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  2. Nice to see some Back Yard Chickens members here. Let's feature one this week. - Featured Thread
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. BYH Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

MELS. NEW ADVENTURES

Discussion in 'Member's "BackYardHerds" Journals' started by B&B Happy goats, Mar 5, 2019.

1. Mar 5, 2019
    Bruce

Bruce Herd Master

That's probably why Joe spoiled him with food so much, it was a reward for not taking an entire turkey off the counter ;)

2. Mar 6, 2019
    B&B Happy goats

B&B Happy goats Herd Master Golden Herd Member

If and when Mel stands on his hind legs i will try to get a picture...but he sure does make Missy look like a wee little thing Bruce !

3. Mar 6, 2019
    B&B Happy goats

Good morning, we are going to leons dr in Gainsville this morning.....i am going to leave Mel in the house, i think reality has set in and he goes to the outside gates this morning and won't come when called.....last night he did not eat again, but when i had a english muffin, he was in my face waiting for his half.....
    MELS real adjustment period has started, and i feel sad for him......but we will work through this together.....if anyone has any ideas on how to help him, please feel free to share them.
    Until i know he fully understands this is his home he will not be outside without supervision.......looks like we have alot of outside time ahead of us , lol

4. Mar 6, 2019
    B&B Happy goats

They all know Mel is sad today, i had put some of joes clothes out for him last night....that may of been the problem .they are put away now.... 20190306_064357.jpg

5. Mar 6, 2019
    Baymule

Baymule Herd Master

Awww.....they are trying to comfort him. Give Mel a hug from his aunt Baymule. He is going to need a lot of attention and I know he is in a good place to get that. He can walk over the fence, you may have to run a hot wire. Joe used to leave him outside with plenty of food and water and be gone for a couple of days. Mel didn't know that he could go over the fence. But when he got goats and decided to keep Mel with them, Mel showed that he had other ideas. He KNOWS that he can go over the fence.

6. Mar 6, 2019
    B&B Happy goats

Just got off the phone with SBC.....we talked about his diet and the depression.....yes i have to have a talk with him for sure and comfort him. We also talked about all the intact dogs in our area and Mel will be getting nutered shortly for his safety, i sure wish people would take better care of their animals. That dang dog that i pepper sprayed came back again.....if she is in the yard when i get home, well you know how that will end up....hate doing it but........thanks Bay, will give our boy a big one for you...hugs barb

7. Mar 6, 2019
    Baymule

Baymule Herd Master

SSS

Shoot Shovel Shutup

8. Mar 6, 2019
    B&B Happy goats

9. Mar 6, 2019
    B&B Happy goats

MEL, Miissy and Sophie were in the house alone for 9 hours, we didn't expect the procedure at the dr.to be that long...anyhow the three of them were perfect...the house was intact and no mess...:celebrate
    Mel hadn't been eating much so I cooked the three of them dinner...Mel ate everything and licked the bowl clean, lol
    The above picture is Mel and Missy chasing off the pit dog that keeps asking for a deep hole...i will have to take care of that tommrow as Mel was quite pissed and was about to go over the gate after it, thankfully he listened when i said NO MEL....such a good boy:yesss:
    We also had a talk with him and explained that this is his home and where he now belongs, he sighed as i hugged him then licked my face :hit
    About a half hour later i looked out the window and leon was talking to Mel, as i watched Mel looked up at him, wagged his tail and they hugged. ....Mel now knows this is his new home...:love

10. Mar 6, 2019
    GypsyG

GypsyG Loving the herd life

I've been so busy lately that I have been behind on my BYH reading... I some how missed the memo that Mel was going to live with you! :celebrate

That is awesome that he is staying in the BYH family!