MELS. NEW ADVENTURES

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
This thread is/was started as a way to let all BYH members be a part of Mel's life, as it had been with Joe/Latestarter. When the sudden, unexpected, heartbreaking loss of Joe came to be, I think we all felt an alliance to "adopt" Mel. IMO this is a wonderful situation to give us an update for the love of Mel & Joe would certainly approve!

Personally, IMO it is wonderful to keep Mel in the BYH family.

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
IMAG4512.jpg .....I know a little bit about this, from the "scents" I detected from Pops clothes....and he had to "splain" it too me....I'm just glad that Pops made it back safe and there were 2 strange dog and 1 cat scent I never smelled before.....;)....ya know a girl has to know where to go to leave a message for Mel.....:love

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hi Mel! It’s me, Sentry, I’m new here. I’m 5 months old now and still figuring things out. My Mom has been teaching me stuff, but then she lets me take her for a walk. She clips this leash to my collar so she doesn’t get lost. The loop on the other end goes on her wrist and I bite the leash and lead her around. So far, she’s been easy to train. Gotta go now, just wanted to introduce myself and get to know everybody.

99654F8F-82C5-42BA-A8BA-A2E0B976EF09.jpeg

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'm not sure what happened but I thought I posted this yesterday but it was still in the response tab.

We took Mel to the vet yesterday afternoon and Mel did great and loved meeting all of the people that wanted to meet him. I have a Tacoma extended cab but that is a long way from a double cab so I figured we could put Mel in the back since I have a camper top and I would ride back there with him. Mel did NOT agree with that plan and it was obvious there was no way we were going to get him up in the truck bed.

Plan B was to see if he would jump up into the back of the cab and since it is a short distance to the Vet, we were good to go. He jumped right in and he had room to stand and sit but there wasn't going to be any laying down. The picture doesn't do a good job showing how little room there was but we pulled the seats forward and he seemed fine. Nothing was wrong but we needed to get his heart worm pills and needed him tested first.

Mel going to the Vet 22 Oct 2019.jpg

Mel going to the Vet 22 Oct 2019.jpg

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
I heard Maisy and Mel barking like crazy but it was a bark that I had not heard before. It was a fast paced but light bark from both of them. I looked out to make sure nothing was going on and they were running figure 8's around each other and barking the whole time just having a ball.

Mel is actually pretty fast considering how big he is.
Mel and Maisy 23 Oct 2019.JPG

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yep, I was surprised at how fast Merlin was. Not as big as Mel but probably about 135 pounds. When he felt the need he was a rocket.

Ohhhh, he is a beautiful boy :love
You beat me to it!

I have a Tacoma extended cab but that is a long way from a double cab so I figured we could put Mel in the back since I have a camper top and I would ride back there with him. Mel did NOT agree with that plan and it was obvious there was no way we were going to get him up in the truck bed.
You would expect a creature as royal as Mel to ride in the truck bed?

Latest posts