MenagerieMama ~ The Menagerie Farm

MenagerieMama

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Wow! My laptop has been at the computer doctor for the past 2 months and we JUST got it back last night. I have been walking through a fog not being able to get on here. Hope everyone is well.

We have added a Southdown Babydoll sheep to the farm. Not sure if she will be staying as she is very flighty...to the point of being wild!

We hatched 2 Sebastopol geese yesterday (one boy, one girl) and have hatched a bazillion Saxony ducks! I love the Saxony breed!

Also, this Saturday we get to pick up our alpaca fleece from the mill (about 1/2 of it). We dropped it off in August and have been anxiously waiting to have it back to play with!

We sold Waffle (the Nigerian dwarf goat) a few weeks ago. She was supposed to be pregnant when we got her, in hopes we would have a jumpstart on our milking/making cheeses and soaps dreams. She was not. So we kept the 2 Mini Nubians who are funnier than all get out this spring. They have the zoomies like I have never seen before and are springing and flipping off of trees, sheds, tubs anything they can jump onto/off of they will. They even dart under the alpacas legs before the boys have a chance to react.

Spring is in the air! I love this time of year!

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
:frow Welcome back!

Ah...goat zoomies! So much fun to watch! :lol:

I'm not familiar with the Saxony breed of duck. What is it that you like so much about them?

MenagerieMama

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
elevan said:
:frow Welcome back!

Ah...goat zoomies! So much fun to watch! :lol:

I'm not familiar with the Saxony breed of duck. What is it that you like so much about them?
The Saxony is a big, heavy breed. Their meat is gourmet quality, the hens can lay up to 260 jumbo eggs each per year. They are on the ALBC critical watch list. Plus, they are just SO beautiful and friendly. Check out pics on the Holderread's website...(also where I purchased my ducks from).

http://holderreadfarm.com/photogallery/saxony_page/saxony_page.htm

Latest posts