Meredith's Kidding Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SandDherds

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Okay so this should be my last kidding thread of the year...but it's also my favorite doe who is going to have the most kids out of all my goats!

This is Meredith (this was February 26th)
IMG_20160308_161825134.jpg

This is the most recent picture I have of her I think this was 2 weeks ago right now she is huge!

IMG_20160321_150715972.jpg

She is bred to this buck
image2.JPG

Both are purebred Nigerians and the father was registered. I can get Meredith registered if I want but I'm not going to do that right now. The buck has won multiple shows very pretty guy! Can't wait for her to kid I'm hoping for quads but quints wouldn't surprise me! She could also have triplets but they would have to huge! She is due any time from the 20th- may 6th. April 25th is when I think she will kid! But if she kids on the 28th that wouldn't surprise me either. She has had discharge strings for about a week this morning it was about 3 inches long. Her ligaments are already pretty much gone you have to feel really deep with a fair amount of pressure to even feel them. Her bag is already huge and still growing! She is a 3rd freshener I think. I can't wait for babies I post some pictures from my camera later tonight or tommorow!:woot

SandDherds

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Thanks! I will post some pics of her tommorow morning! Tommorow there is only 8 days till day 145 but I think she will go day 141 which is in only 4 days tommorow! But thats if she goes on her first day bred she was in December 5th-9th so really she could go anyday from now to may 5th but I don't think she can make it another week! Lots of goo,Ligs are pretty much gone,udder full not tight but full and she is starting to drop a little so I think it will be soon. Sadly the same day I think she will go is the same day I think black beauty will go so that will be fun:th:lol:

SandDherds

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Okay here are some pics I snapped tonight I'll post this and hopefully be able to get some sleep! I have a sore throat and an very itchy as I had an allergic reaction about 4 hours ago to a carrot treated with a pesticide I'm allergic too so if meredith is as close as I think she is let just say it will be interesting.

She was holding her tail to the side not sure if that's a sign or not but her lig are almost gone she has been having discharge on and off for the past week or 2 and her udder is pretty full not tight though
IMG_20160420_220412904.jpg
IMG_20160420_220605747.jpg

And here is a pic of a small prolapse she has been having. When she stands up most of it goes in but she still has some sticking out alittle. I'm just really worried she has never had this before and I don't want anything to happen to her!
IMG_20160420_220643157.jpg

Can't wait for baby meredith's jumping around!!
IMG_20160420_220651175.jpg

I think she along with black beauty will possibly go on the 22nd there is 55% chance of rain both day and night and it's a full moon not to mention they are both redy to explode! meredith especially!

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Sorry you're having an allergic reaction. Hope you get over it quickly. :fl for the two does. and another :fl that you get doelings from both of them. Go get some rest!

SandDherds

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Okay so not much happening she is at day 145 or 143 depending what day she took. I wish she would just go into labor she is miserable! She can't breath without grunting and I feel like if I touch her stomach she will explode! She is so tight! Her ligaments are almost gone and they have been almost gone for about 3-4 days. I can feel all the way around her spine she has had very small amounts of white discharge but she had some of that before about a week or 2 ago. I will upload some pics soon my phone is being dumb and taking forever to load. Hoping she goes tonight or tomorrow or at least by friday:fl:fl:fl my older sister texted me saying she is thinking quads 2 does 2 buck I am thinking triplets 2 does and a buck but if she has quads I would gusse 2 does 2 bucks aswell I am hoping for at least 2 does and 1 buck(I want the buck to name george after curious george :lol: and I want the does to name hueata and whatever other name I pick)

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
Ya can't wait to see what her babys look like, but I'll have to.

SandDherds

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
IMG_20160427_121451411.jpg

IMG_20160426_222646654.jpg
this was her udder from the 26th

IMG_20160427_121430949.jpg
can't really see in this one but if you look closely right under the prolapse there is a bit of white mucus

Status
Not open for further replies.