Merry Xmas from my smallest

Sheepshape

Herd Master
Reaction score
So, this is what happens when the door is left open. Lleila still thinks I'm her mum....and even has the audacity to start chewing on a model sheep!

She's the tiny little lamb in my avatar (+ 9 months) who weighed in at under one pound. She's been absolutely trouble-free apart from needing bottle feeding (her twin brother was a 12lb plus whopper), never having a day's illness, and is an absolute delight.

From me and my flock of thoroughly spoilt sheep.....have a happy and healthy Xmas and New Year (just recovering from bowel surgery myself..... have to be fit for March lambing!)

LLeila (1).jpg

Sheepshape

norseofcourse

Herd Master
Reaction score
Merry Christmas to you and yours, too - it's amazing how well Lleila has done! Hope you recover fast, too, and enjoy the holidays.

CapraCurry

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I hope you recover quickly and easily! Merry Christmas :)
Do you mind if I ask what breed of sheep she is?
Aside from the Jacob ewes we raise over here and the Suffolk/Hamps I raised last year, I'm quite ignorant of the different sheep breeds that exist out there.

Sheepshape

Herd Master
Reaction score
Lleila is a mule (Beulah Speckled Face mum and Blue Faced Leicester father)

Here's a pic of a Beulah ewe and a Leicester ewe (battling the disgusting weather we are having right now).

Beulah and Leicester..jpg

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. what a great picture! Merry Christmas to you over there across the pond. Glad your surgery went well and you'll be ready for spring lambing. Finish healing!

NH homesteader

Herd Master
Reaction score
Haha! I showed this to my daughter and she was very concerned about the well being of your stocking. I assured her the sheep (probably) didn't eat it and she thought it was cute.

Merry Christmas! And heal quickly!

Latest posts