Messybun’s Small starts big dreams

messybun

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I got a job! Part time nanny. Met the precious little one yesterday and was hired. I start Monday.

I also did my first unit test (has nothing to do with passing grade just a knowledge check) it went over stuff that wasn’t even mentioned. Yikes, that’s what everyone has warned me about. That real estate will test on what they didn’t even teach. Well, back to studying, studying, and more studying. Hope everyone is having a good day.

messybun

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Congratulations on the job, keep studying. Is there a pre rest? Like a company that tests you to help you pass the real test?
Because it is self paced there are several “units” each section is about something else. I.e. legalities, types of land, etc. each unit has a basic knowledge test that you have to pass before moving to the next unit.
There is a study group now that you mention it though.
I have to finish the entire program and unit tests before I can apply to the state to get tested.

messybun

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I think it’s been a week full of Mondays!
At the new job the toddler was having an off day, so a few hours of tantrumming toddler. Good practice though.
Then...my mom's dog started having seizures. Turns out she ate moldy bread the chickens had left. So going on three days of pukey dog with limited bowel control. I’m so hoping she’ll be okay and is over the worst of it. She can’t even keep fluids down though. Any suggestions out there? I’m about to do sub-q fluids, her first round has almost worn off.
Just yikes.
Anyway, hope y’all have been having a better week.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
You can mix your own electrolytes. 5 spoons of sugar, 1 spoon salt dissolved in a glass of water. Use a syringe to give your dog a little at a time. Do the skin pinch test, if the skin stays pinched up, she is dehydrated. Just syringe the solution as often as possible, use your own judgement. Do the skin pinch test to see if it’s helping. I’ve done this before with good results.

I also drink the solution myself when dehydrated from excessive heat or sickness like diarrhea or vomiting. It will save you a trip to the emergency room. Sip it slowly, even if you puke it up, enough will get in your system to help. Just don’t guzzle the whole glass at once.

messybun

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I hope your dog is ok.
Thank you! She threw up 3 times last night, but seems improved from yesterday. She isn’t nearly as dazed as she was either. I’m hoping she got some water down, but I can’t tell because I have two dogs who could have drank from the bowl. So, I’m wary to say but, we might even be on the upswing.

messybun

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
The dog saga continues. She seems like she’s doing better, got a few teaspoons of applesauce in her. Then I tried to give her more tums before trying food again and she got so upset she threw up her last drink of water. I’ll take what I got though.