Messybun’s Small starts big dreams

messybun

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
It is so wet! It’s been raining since last night and my yard is now mostly puddle. Ducks are happy, but I need to pull out some galoshes! The goats are doing well with their shelters, but I have a feeling we’re going to have a bad winter so I really want to get another one or two boxes out there to help just in case. Thankfully it’s in the 50s and not below freezing!

messybun

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Got him! I don’t even know where the plastic netting came from. It’s like a piece of the yellow stuff turkeys come in from the store. Got it clipped off his bottom bill and out of his mouth. It was stopping him from eating well, and would have kept constricting if left alone. Sprayed with some colloidal silver because I didn’t have anything else that would have disenfected and been safe to swallow. If it treats pink eye it should heal a duck tongue? Hopefully.

messybun

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Duck is doing well, but but he’s being more careful when he eats. Instead of opening up and just plowing the feed he’s eating like a normal duck mouthful by mouthful. We’ll see.
The cat got her first mouse. I ended up killing it tossing it to the chickens because she had started to play with it and I was afraid she’d let it get away. So, a chicken grabbed it from the middle of the yard, pulled it up to my porch, and ate it in front of the watching cat. Just why?
Rabbit’s eyes are getting better but I’m not so sure it’s anything I did. They just did and are.
Big goat got caught in poly rope again. Today I’m going to take the remaining stuff down. The neighbor had to call me because I didn’t realize he was caught again. Thank you neighbor! Anyway, off to chores and holiday stuff.