Micah Wotring - Weathering Winter

micah wotring

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Everyone looks great! Still working on getting sheep?

I should have waited a week on my incubator. One started laying and I got all excited, now I'm getting tons of eggs too, so I know how you feel! But I'm on a time crunch for getting the chicks grown out to butcher in fall, plus I need the incubator for chicken eggs right after these guys hatch.
Still planning on sheep someday. No telling when as I'm pretty busy with school and just life in general but when I get the west barnyard cleaned up and fenced adequately I want to have a few ewes!

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
This is the way many think, and I did too until 11yrs ago. My Dad did exactly as you stated...used charge card and paid balance off each month, always paid bills ahead of due date, and had "History" of timely payments. When he went to get a loan to pay for the trlr....I was waiting for the cash settlement on Workers Comp....we found out it was quite the opposite and he had No "Credit History". The only way he got the loan was thru his personal bank, at an increased interest rate. Unless ya play "Their Game" and pay some finance charges, there simply is no credit history that is maintained, because when ya pay the balance off each month, it is considered by the "Creditors" as the same as Cash, because there are never any "Carrying Charges" that are documented. They don't give ya "Credit History" unless ya "Pay" for it. Remember, they are a "For Profit" business, and if ya ain't giving them "Profit", then they certainly aren't going to give ya the benefit for Free. It is a much Different world we are living in, than what most truly think it is....:)

Well that just ain't right! Not that I don't believe you. And I AM giving them profit every time I use the CC, they get a percentage from the seller. If you have a lot of credit cards with no balance on them, your Credit score gets hit because you have the POTENTIAL to get pretty far in debt. But if you always pay them off, proving that you are a financially sound "bet", it doesn't count. :th

micah wotring

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Sister's cat had puppies! Wait...okay, let me say that again: My sister's cat (named Puppy) had kittens! XD (So, 'Puppy' is the cat's name for those of you who are still confused)
P1200611.JPG

P1200625.JPG

And here's the mom
P1200629.JPG

She had 5. 2 orange, 2 black with whiter undersides, and one black with white and orange splotches.
I've posted a few more pix here: https://micahsfarm.blogspot.com/2017/04/kittens-free-chicks-and-just-pictures.html

:)