Micah Wotring - Weathering Winter

micah wotring

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Well Micah, what is happening with your animals?....got any plans to Add, Breed, or Sell any?....any long range 'Goals' with any of them?....I've heard ya telling others the 'List' of those ya have....but, Where are the pics?....any plans to Show some?
So, someday I would like to have a very small hatchery. Small enough that I don't have to ship chicks. So, I guess hatchery would be the wrong word...I'd like to get good at hatching chicks and sell them. I got an incubator this past spring and through the entire summer there was always a new batch developing(or not;) so I've got a little bit of experience but not a ton.

I'd really love to show a few chickens someday just for fun although none of my birds a very high quality so I'd have to buy some. Also there are no shows close to me. The closest is around 2 hours away which I can do but just not now with school and all.

Ah, yes, pictures! How could I forget?
So, first up is my favorite chicken, Buttercup! I believe she's a silkie D'uccle mix.
DSC_0026.JPG

Next is the beautiful sunset that God gives us every night.
DSC_0040.JPG

DSC_0098.JPG

Yes, yes, I know, I'll get back to the animals:
We ended up selling this dairy/beef pair.
DSC_0014.JPG

Here's my uncle's pygora buck to breed his ND does. (He ties flies)
20151116_154806.jpg

And, WV in winter...
DSC_0017.JPG

DSC_0022.JPG

Lady, my one and only Light Brahma.
DSC_0049.jpg

Macgyver the first.
DSC_0004.JPG

Puppy, our...uh...cat. XD
DSC_0002.JPG

Lady and Macgyver the 3rd.
DSC_0002.JPG

Lots and lots of chickens. Only a few of which I have now.
DSC_0020.JPG

They've pipped!!!! (old pic btw)
DSC_0006.JPG

And, I'll leave you with a pic of one of the turkeys when they were younger...much younger.
DSC_0055.jpg

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
There ya go!! Now, that wasn't so difficult was it? Very good posting in your Journal. :) You have some really nice chickens, and yes I have seen and witnessed WV in the winter time too; though it was only as long as it took for me to drive through it. :confused: I never mind seeing it through a camera lense, it is really pretty as long as ya don't have to experience the cold and work it presents. :) the pygora buck looks very interesting and good, too.
Since you wish to get better with the incubation and hatching of eggs, maybe you can save the money from selling your hatched birds to get those show chickens you want; if you dedicate the money towards that, then it will give you the incentive to concentrate on it and stick with it attitude it will take to learn it and do better with it. :)
I see that you like dirt biking, do you prefer motocross, trial riding, or just cutting up the dirt? What kind of bike do ya have? pics? I use to ride a Hodaka 125 with a 100 engine and did some trial riding. It challenges the rider with bike control over an obsticle course; over rocks, logs, through streams and creeks, and up and down steep hills or inclines. You have to traverse over logs and boulders without putting your feet on the ground; every touch of an object with the foot are points deducted. Anyway, just keep us up-to-date on what ya have going on and share your "World" with us. It isn't so difficult and we stand ready to "Cheer" ya on. :):clap:thumbsup

NH homesteader

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'm a 4 wheeler type myself. I'm safer on 4 wheels. My husband used to race snowmobiles and one of his friends raced dirt bikes. You dirt bike riders are brave!

micah wotring

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
There ya go!! Now, that wasn't so difficult was it? Very good posting in your Journal. :) You have some really nice chickens, and yes I have seen and witnessed WV in the winter time too; though it was only as long as it took for me to drive through it. :confused: I never mind seeing it through a camera lense, it is really pretty as long as ya don't have to experience the cold and work it presents. :) the pygora buck looks very interesting and good, too.
Since you wish to get better with the incubation and hatching of eggs, maybe you can save the money from selling your hatched birds to get those show chickens you want; if you dedicate the money towards that, then it will give you the incentive to concentrate on it and stick with it attitude it will take to learn it and do better with it. :)
I see that you like dirt biking, do you prefer motocross, trial riding, or just cutting up the dirt? What kind of bike do ya have? pics? I use to ride a Hodaka 125 with a 100 engine and did some trial riding. It challenges the rider with bike control over an obsticle course; over rocks, logs, through streams and creeks, and up and down steep hills or inclines. You have to traverse over logs and boulders without putting your feet on the ground; every touch of an object with the foot are points deducted. Anyway, just keep us up-to-date on what ya have going on and share your "World" with us. It isn't so difficult and we stand ready to "Cheer" ya on. :):clap:thumbsup
Thanks, first step: get more than like a 50% hatch rate. THEN try to make money on it. XD I'm not keeping track of costs or anything right now. ;)
I've got a ttr125 and a honda 250 ex although I like the dirt bike MUCH better! I mostly just race around in the woods behind our house where we have 2 jumps, 3 rocky steep banks, and lots and lots of trail. I'd love to race but haven't ever. That sounds like a ton of fun! Whenever my brothers will ride with me we like to play 'tag' and 'cops' and lots of other little games but I mostly just race. Someday I'd like to race cross country. IDK what each of the diff 'styles' is called but I'm thinking like through the woods.

Thanks!

micah wotring

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I'm a 4 wheeler type myself. I'm safer on 4 wheels. My husband used to race snowmobiles and one of his friends raced dirt bikes. You dirt bike riders are brave!
We had a couple snowmobiles last winter. They were fun but not really worth the maintenance IMO. I get easily confused with small engines. XD