Michigan

Emzi00

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Hi, my name is Emma and I'm in mid-michigan as well...between bay city and midland. It's nice to see others are in the area :)

michickenwrangler

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Hi Emma, where are you at in Michigan? I'm between West Branch and Standish.

Glad we finally got some sun and warmth, letting the ground dry up some.

We're getting 25 chicks this week. Need to get stuff ready for them.

nluoma

Just born
Reaction score
Hello from SE Michigan. I'm planning to get goats, and am in the middle of doing my research. Unfortunately I don't know anyone who has goats. Since BYC has been so much help with my chickens, I figured I'd check out this site and see who's here.

lhawes

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Not sure if it is ok to post this here, but I thought I would give it a try as I am desperate to rehome our goat friends. Unfortunately we have some sad news. Apparently after having our little mini-farm for over a year, the county has decided that we are not 'zoned' for farm animals and has ordered us to remove our goat family from our property. We are also in the midst of relocating out of state, so you can imagine our frustration and disappointment! So with deep regret, we are offering our entire herd for sale and need them to go to their new homes ASAP - all offers will be considered however we would like to get about $2000 for the herd. The herd consist of 7 does, 2 bucks, and 1 wether. Most of them are registered, or can be registered. Some placed very well at fair this year and come from great milking lines. We have Rosasharn, Cesars Villa, Maple Ridge, Irish Whispers, and Kyeema Ridge lines.

3 does - ADGA registered
1 doeling (born 7/12) - registerable but we have not registered her yet
3 does - unregistered but from great milking lines!
1 Buck - registered
1 buckling (born 6/21) - registerable but we have not registered him yet
1 wether - wonderful boy but wethers can not be registered. He came with 3 of the girls that we got and is their little buddy!

Two of the does have been bred to our buck. He also got out of the pen one time and we are unsure if he got any of the others. Two of the does are also still in milk and we have gotten up to a quart a day from them. Need to sell ASAP - please if interested come to us as all offers will be considered.

We are not able to ship at all, so local pick up would be needed. We are located in Shaftsburg/Perry Michigan.

Thank you to anyone that can help us.

Elyssia001

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Wow, this thread has been sleeping for a while!

My name is Lina (short for Angelina) and my husband and I live in a small suburb of Detroit. We're currently renting a house on 1/10th of an acre, but we hope to be buying our own place within an hour's drive of our office in Livonia. We're trying for at least 5 acres where we can become as food independent as possible.

Right now we have a tank of tropical fish, an old GSD-mix named Jessi, and a guinea pig named Meggie. Once we get our own place, I would like to raise chickens, rabbits, and keep a few milch goats. If there is room I would also love to keep a small flock of tunis sheep.

A hot topic for discussion in the Backyard Chicken’s forum is concerning the delay of the Site Selection GAMMPS for RTF protection. Has everyone here contacted the members of the board to express your dislike of them?

PoultryQueen101

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Im not from michigan, but I live below you. I saw your add on craigslist. I bet you dont have them any more, but I wish we had gotten into goats last year.