Mike the ram meats the new girls

Matt n Lee

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Hey Mike..thanks for the welcome! It was definitely meant as comedy. We try to have as much fun with our videos as we can. Glad you enjoyed it....we have a few others on the channel that are funny and others that are more just about the journey. Pigs are next on the list and man I cant wait for that adventure!

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Greetings and welcome! Glad to have you with us. Great video. Mike sure was sniffing the air for the scent of love :love

Lots of great folks here and a wealth of info in the threads. Browse around and make yourself at home. Maybe start a journal for routine entries so you have a running log over time? https://www.backyardherds.com/forums/members-backyardherds-journals.18/
You might consider putting your general location in your profile as old folks like me will never remember and it can be a factor when asking for or offering help/advice.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Howdy neighbor! In the Tyler, Texas area, Welcome to the forum! Nice looking sheep. We have Dorper/Katahdin ewes (4) and 3 young ewes. Going to buy a Katahdin ram for the next breeding. Glad to have you here, you'll fit right in!

Matt n Lee

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Afternoon Latstarter and Baymule.

Updated profile with location, great idea. How are you liking goats since you got them recently Latestarter?

Baymule. I actually lived in Tyler when I was 3-5 years old and have lots of family all over Texas(midland/odessa) area. I often thought about getting a droper ram to add meat to the herd, but as you can see in the video Mike is pretty solidly built and he isnt even 2 years old yet, plus, and maybe more important to me, his attitude is great and has never even bumped a human with his head. Although he has gotten after both my dogs before :)

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
The goats are great. Very friendly, once they get to know you :love just like a bunch of dogs. Even the new buck likes to come up for a scratch and a finger nibble. He's still young but smells like a buck so I'm not all that fond of him rubbing his face all over me. They're dairy goats so not a lot of meat, but the milk is excellent and not a ton of work to get. I'm only milking one, and that, only once a day in the morning as it's just me. I love lamb and hope to branch out and get a few of them this coming year. Also wanting Katahdin/Dorper.

Latest posts