Mini Donkey...Teenager Behavior?

BlondeSquirrel04

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
My jenny will be 1 in July. I've had her since March and up until recently, she's given me no problems.

When she first came here, she befriended my female alpaca and treated her like a mother. She'd try to nurse from the alpaca, and followed her around like stink on poop. It was adorable.

Lately, though, she's been biting everyone. The poor alpaca gets the brunt of it, and I have to go out and remove her every time I see it. Now, she's moved on to the goats. I'll either see them run away, or head butt her. I'd rather them head butt her so that she learns a lesson. I do work full time so it's hard for me to reprimand every time I see the biting.

What's the best way I can teach her to keep her teeth to herself?

sawfish99

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I trim 2 minidonkeys that are just turning about 1 and they are exhibiting the same behavior. They were out with a flock of sheep, but started biting and picking up the sheep with their teeth. Unfortunately, the youngsters need to learn what is acceptable from older equines, preferably donkeys. It is difficult for the non-related species to teach them what is right or wrong behavior.