Mini Donkeys Exclusively ..... Where to buy near Norman, Oklahoma?

Grandpa Luke

Just born
Reaction score
My wife & I allowed our 12 year old Granddaughter to talk us into having a couple of Donkies if she saved the money to buy them. I have spent an hour trying to learn about the Mini Donkey, its temperment, proper care etc. & find myself with TMI (to much information) that isn't what I am looking for.

Will somebody please leave me a message or respond with a book title like "The Complete Manual For Raising, Training & Housing Mini Donkeys" that I can purchase.

Also I would like to know the various price ranges for the average everyday Mini Donky if there is such a thing.

I already have Chickens and a Pot Bellied Pig on 15 acres with a large Cleary Pole Barn next to a 2 acre pasture.

Thank you

Luke :/

Grandpa Luke

Just born
Reaction score
Our 6 year old Granddaughter talked us into accepting a Pot Bellied Pig that was in need of rescue from a neighbor! :lol: Grandma took on that project along with her chickens but the 12 year old will need to benefit from all the responsibilities of the care & raising of the Donkeys. Thanks

Luke :/

BrayJunction

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
"The Donkey Companion" by Sue Weaver (regular columnist for Hobby Farms magazine) is a wonderfully comprehensive book on donkeys. "Donkeys" by Anita Gallion is good too.