Mini horse pedigree help!!

Lewanu-mom16

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Recently I bought a mini mare who I was told was registered by her former abusive owner before her current owner I bought her from rescued her sadly while she thought she’d acquired the reg papers sadly she realized she never got them with this mini she was told the mare registered name which is all I have to go on for a lead I dont have the money to spend on a membership online as most has gone into caring for her and my nunu boy so if there’s a way look up her pedigree free I’d greatly appreciate any help! Her registered name was supposedly three eagles farm Bacardi magic and she’s now two years old I wi include a photo of her to ensure further help in getting some info on her I’m mostly just curious on her breeding background and who she might have in her bloodlines I might one day show her but right now I’m mostly curious of her family tree lol thanks in advance everyone!

6C825C6F-D399-423D-9F51-963104ECBBE9.jpeg

796AF8BB-225A-4A06-BCFB-572419706749.jpeg

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
You Might find it on the website allbreed pedigrees

Do you know if she which registry? Amha or AMHR might contact them or a fb group that is for them.
Other than that googling her barn name might help.
She's a cutie.

Lewanu-mom16

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I actually tried all breed pedigree website already no luck there. Been trying to find other sites that have better luck in this and sadly I don’t know which registry she’s under. All I know is her registered name in whichever registry she’s actually under. She was rescued from an abusive owner by the lady I bought her from which is why I’ve got very little info to Track this info down lol the lady I got her from confirmed she was indeed registered because I believe she’d seen her papers in person but she forgot to bring them home when she rescued this lil gal so that’s the reason I’ve not had a lot of good luck lol didn’t know where else to look for help on this so that’s why I thought to at least try asking on here. Thankfully my mini gal comes home tomorrow afternoon! So I’m happy just to have her home finally so I can start snuggling with that furry lil bum and squeezing the daylights outta her fuzzy lil cheeks lol
You Might find it on the website allbreed pedigrees

Do you know if she which registry? Amha or AMHR might contact them or a fb group that is for them.
Other than that googling her barn name might help.
She's a cutie.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Try this forum http://www.miniaturehorsetalk.com/

This is Little Beginnings Miniatures, an OLD forum --I joined over 20 years ago. -- MUCH info there on all things mini horses. Many members are currently breeding and have ability to obtain info from the registries...AMHR/AMHR and often help others with such situations. Now, let me tell you that you may never be able to track her with such little info. Hopefully the name given to you was correct & will be able to be found. There are a few other "registries" but these two are the primary, most reliable & most used. IF the name is "off" there is a possibility that the farm name used could help search for a mare meeting her description/age/size, etc. Again, a good deal of research and may not be fruitful.

Since I have not been breeding, showing in years (now I just feed, hug & let my retirees live out their lives, all 19 of them!) I no longer keep paying membership fees, etc. No need, I have their papers, LOL, & no more coming.

As to showing your little mare, I assume you mean at local, fun shows. To be in any sanctioned show you need the papers for registry. These are now closed registries, so only thru much work, fees & tracking others in ownership (for signatures) would registry happen.

One thing I ALWAYS stressed to buyers -- get paperwork IN HAND -- if you want registered stock & know your breeder. It's almost like the joke "the check is in the mail" if you don't. I wish you luck. She's a cute little girl. She will love you with or without that piece of paper!!! Enjoy. Hope you have a friend there for her.

Last edited:

Lewanu-mom16

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Thank you very much! I did get plan to get her papers confirmed if I went the route of sanctioned shows I actually found out the farm she’s registered supposedly under is a local farm here in Maine so I sent them a private message on fb in the hopes they can confirm any info I was given regardless of the paperwork and where it ended up I can definitely be happy showing her in local fun shows I’d be happy just the same like u said with or without the paperwork lol she does have a friend there waiting for her she’s actually going to be a companion mainly for my lil dwarf goat since he bonds so well with mini horses lol I had him boarded at another facility last winter where they had another mini the same age sharing the same stall with him and they bonded to each other like glue lol everywhere my goat went the mini had to go with him otherwise the mini would call out to him if I took him anywhere the mini couldn’t see him lol since we moved due to the new property owners scamming everyone outta boarding there my poor nunu has been in need of a new friend so thankfully this lil mare is perfect for the job and my friend I board through now has owned minis and goats before and knows exactly what to do in the event I can’t get out there to visit to ensure they get introduced properly and safely lol
Try this forum http://www.miniaturehorsetalk.com/

This is Little Beginnings Miniatures, an OLD forum --I joined over 20 years ago. -- MUCH info there on all things mini horses. Many members are currently breeding and have ability to obtain info from the registries...AMHR/AMHR and often help others with such situations. Now, let me tell you that you may never be able to track her with such little info. Hopefully the name given to you was correct & will be able to be found. There are a few other "registries" but these two are the primary, most reliable & most used. IF the name is "off" there is a possibility that the farm name used could help search for a mare meeting her description/age/size, etc. Again, a good deal of research and may not be fruitful.

Since I have not been breeding, showing in years (now I just feed, hug & let my retirees live out their lives, all 19 of them!) I no longer keep paying membership fees, etc. No need, I have their papers, LOL, & no more coming.

As to showing your little mare, I assume you mean at local, fun shows. To be in any sanctioned show you need the papers for registry. These are now closed registries, so only thru much work, fees & tracking others in ownership (for signatures) would registry happen.

One thing I ALWAYS stressed to buyers -- get paperwork IN HAND -- if you want registered stock & know your breeder. It's almost like the joke "the check is in the mail" if you don't. I wish you luck. She's a cute little girl. She will love you with or without that piece of paper!!! Enjoy. Hope you have a friend there for her.

Bunnylady

Herd Master
Reaction score
It appears that 3 Eagle Farm is no longer in operation, but you say you tried contacting them? Perhaps at least one of the people that owned the farm still have the records. As they claim AMHA, AMHR, and ASPC registered animals, it sounds like you at least have the "right" registries. Hopefully they can at least help you with the pedigree.

Registering minis is a complicated business, and it sounds like you might be out of luck with this one. Only people who are current, paid-up members of the registry can register horses. When a registry member sells a registered horse, the new owner must be a dues paying member and they have to get ownership of the animal changed over to them through the registry for it to still be registered. If the animal is sold to a non-member, they must become a member and do the transfer of ownership thingy for the animal's registration to still be valid. In this case, not only you need to become a member, but any previous owners between you and 3 Eagle Farm need to be members in good standing and do the transfer of ownership dance (and pay the necessary fees, too). As soon as the animal goes into the hands of a non-member, the registration effectively becomes invalid, and only becomes valid when all the hoops have been jumped through.

As if that wasn't headache enough, an animal as young as yours only has temporary registration anyway. A mini isn't permanently registered until it is 4 or 5 (depends on the registry), at which time it has to be measured by a registrar and certified as being under the size limit of the registry. I think you only have a certain amount of time after the temporary registration expires to do this, too. But as I said, even "permanent" registration depends on the owner being a current member of the registry. (If I have heard correctly, since Mini Horses has let her membership lapse, the registrations of all of the horses she still owns have also lapsed). Is it any surprise that there are so many unregistered minis out there?

Last edited:

Lewanu-mom16

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Thank u very much for the info I wasn’t aware of just how complicated the mini horse registry was these days. Even if I never updated the registration it’s not like I can’t still enjoy a wonderful life with this lil sweet heart! And yes I did take into consideration that Farm was out of business I contacted them via there fb page that still seems to be active online which is what i meant when I said I contacted them but I’ve yet to get a response back on the matter at hand so until then Im just gonna enjoy the time I have when she gets home tomorrow lol I’m just happy to have yet another furbaby to love on now lol
It appears that 3 Eagle Farm is no longer in operation, but you say you tried contacting them? Perhaps at least one of the people that owned the farm still have the records. As they claim AMHA, AMHR, and ASPC registered animals, it sounds like you at least have the "right" registries. Hopefully they can at least help you with the pedigree.

Registering minis is a complicated business, and it sounds like you might be out of luck with this one. Only people who are current, paid-up members of the registry can register horses. When a registry member sells a registered horse, the new owner must be a dues paying member and they have to get ownership of the animal changed over to them through the registry for it to still be registered. If the animal is sold to a non-member, they must become a member and do the transfer of ownership thingy for the animal's registration to still be valid. In this case, not only you need to become a member, but any previous owners between you and 3 Eagle Farm need to be members in good standing and do the transfer of ownership dance (and the necessary fees, too). As soon as the animal goes into the hands of a non-member, the registration effectively becomes invalid, and only becomes valid when all the hoops have been jumped through.

As if that wasn't headache enough, an animal as young as yours only has temporary registration anyway. A mini isn't permanently registered until it is 4 or 5 (depends on the registry), at which time it has to be measured by a registrar and certified as being under the size limit of the registry. I think you only have a certain amount of time after the temporary registration expires to do this, too. But as I said, even "permanent" registration depends on the owner being a current member of the registry. (If I have heard correctly, since Mini Horses has let her membership lapse, the registrations of all of the horses she still owns have also lapsed). Is it any surprise that there are so many unregistered minis out there?