Bridgessssssss

Just born
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I’m completely new to this site (I’ve browsed conversations for years but never took part or posted) but I recently got a female mini pig, and I’m curious if she is pregnant. I’ll share as much info as I know about her, which isn’t very much.
We’re calling her ‘Pig Pig’ for now (feel free to give name suggestions!)
From what the last owners told us, they had her for 2 weeks after her brother in law dropped her off, after he got her from some farm. I have had her for 2 weeks now also. The last owners did not have any other pigs, meaning if she is pregnant, she’s at least 4 weeks! I realize that’s still really early, and it doesn’t help that I don’t know how large her belly was before - although the last owners said she doubled in size during the 2 weeks they had her. We also don’t know her age. I had a neighbor drop by the day I got her and tell me she’s definitely pregnant and probably less than 6 months old, though! I have two other mini pigs, both males, one neutered and one not, she hates the neutered one, but hasn’t really given any time of day to the other one, this is only an interaction through a fence though. She’s never actually been in the same pen as one of mine. The ‘pig indicator’ is not pointing up, but she has a large belly. She’s friendly to the point she’ll eat out of your hand or rub her head against you for more food, but won’t let me pet her, go behind her too close, or do anything like touch her (or feel her belly) I’ve been sitting with her every day, definitely making progress since at first she wouldn’t let me within 20 ft of her. But this means I can’t touch her belly or anything like that unfortunately. I’d love any and all advice, I have other mini pigs but have never intended to have a pregnant one!! Let me know if there’s other pictures I could take that might help, I’m sorry these ones are a bit ‘graphic.’ I’ve done a lot of research but just can’t seem to tell. I’d also love to know how far along (if at all) you think she is, and of course any tips for the big day would be greatly appreciated as well. Thank you!! :)

558D1AF6-5EE7-4EB7-B625-0355AE448C46.jpeg
C7D91F49-1AD7-41E8-A773-5671C149AE51.jpeg
9F567D94-2A53-478F-82E2-93C150DB2CC5.jpeg
971EDE67-AABF-4847-ACF2-B47DDB42455B.jpeg
DA1050EC-AAD1-4BEF-BBF5-2253F6CC0145.jpeg

Jac

Herd lurker
Reaction score
Hi there! I am writing because I have a very similar situation accept I do not have an other pigs. I rescued my girl and was given a similar story and that she was never around any other pigs. She was surrendered with papers from Ozark Mini pigs (which I am reading some horrible things about them) I have no idea how old this little girl is or if she is in heat or pregnant. In the last three weeks she have grown RAPIDLY. Any new news on your girl? We go to the vet on Friday to be spay if not already pregnant.

Bridgessssssss

Just born
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I know this thread didn’t find too many viewers but wanted to show how much Pig Pig has grown as far as her belly. Hoping for the best now (which is of course a safe pregnancy) and then getting her spayed when the babies are old enough!
D9F5BCBC-9315-411A-ABDE-D3A937947398.jpeg
3C75AC19-DD7B-4CC0-865C-A1872AAE6408.jpeg

Finnie

Herd Master
Reaction score