Miniature Donkey Questions

Fennel

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
After losing my miniature jennet several months ago, I adopted a little family: miniature jack, jennet, and baby jennet (5 mo. old). The woman I got them from said she thought the jennet was already pregnant again, as the jack had been at her. Hard to tell because she was already pretty chunky, and so is the jack. They both look pregnant!

The baby still nurses occasionally, even though I had them separated for awhile. What concerns me is that, the jack is still trying to breed her. I see no evidence of her being in heat. She runs away from him and kicks. Would he still be trying to do that if she was already pregnant? My plan is to make sure she is safely pregnant, and then have the jack gelded. I definitely don't want him going after his daughter. They are all in maybe a third acre pen with shed. Should I just have the vet palpate the jennet?

I appreciate ideas and suggestions.

Irisshiller

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Hi Fennel, I really have no useful info for you but I see no one has answered you so bumping in the hope someone will have answers! :) How are they doing now? X

Latest posts