Minisilkys 2019 kidding

When will Izzy have her kids and how many do you think?

• March 6

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • March 4

• March 7

• Feb 28

• 1 kid

• 3 kids

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MiniSilkys

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Well Anna had a buckling and a doeling. But she had them outside in 35 degree weather. My dad was outside taking care of the hothouse and called to tell me he heard a kid crying. I went out and found one all by itself outside so I took it into the shed. I then went out to get Anna and she came from the other side of the shed. I went around there and found another kid. It was so cold it could barely cry. It was dirty and wet. It was completely limp. I had to somehow try to get it warmed up and needed to dry the other one too. Anna didn't seem to even care so I grabbed both and ran to the hothouse. My dad had the stove going nice and warm. So I sat beside the stove and just rubbed the cold one. I looked and saw it was a buck but I didn't carecare, I wanted it to live. If I moved him, his head would just roll to the side. His tongue was cold. I sat there for almost three hours rubbing and holding him. After a while he started to Hold his head up, then try to suck my finger, then he tried to stand. I keep on with him until he could stand on his own and then took them back to Anna.

MiniSilkys

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
No. She will only let the girl nurse while I am there. The boy can't seem to nurse. I finally got him to take an oz from a bottle I milked out of Anna.

MiniSilkys

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I lost Anna's buckling a 1 week old. He was just too weak to fight a respiratory infection. This was him.
IMG_20190326_165606.jpg

IMG_20190329_160829.jpg

But his sister is 17 days old now and doing great.
HPIM1915.JPG

Izzie's girls are 5 weeks old and are strong.
HPIM1907.JPG

Belle went into a kidding stall tonight. If the size of her udder is any indication of how many she will have then she will at least have twins again this year. If she does have twins then that will make three sets of twins out of 4 goats for me this year.

Attachments

• HPIM1905.JPG
    HPIM1905.JPG
    572.2 KB · Views: 187

Latest posts