Minks?

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
As far as I can recall, in Colorado (no matter WHAT county (or "country" you live in - read boulder) you have the RIGHT to defend your livestock with deadly force. Be that with coyotes, bobcats, wild/stray dogs, or mink. I wouldn't "advertise" it, but the mink would cease to exist. The trouble with most members of the weasel family is that they are so small and limber that they can fit through almost impossibly small holes. And they seem to enjoy killing, simply for fun.

As for the "real estate full disclosure" protocol, in Alaska, I believe it is deemed "appropriate" and in fact necessary, to believe that bears of the black AND brown persuasion can and are most likely to be within reach of your property even within "city" limits.

As for shooting one in self defense, If I recall and am not mistaken, there would only be a fine if you CAN'T prove that your life was in jeopardy. Obviously if the bear was attacking a family member and you shot and killed it, it would be deemed self defense and there's NO WAY any govt agency would be stupid enough to try and fine you or ticket you. The general populace would (& rightly so) lynch them... Especially up there in Alaska.